Thread: Why don't the U.S. convert Japanese PS2 Anime GAME?!

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Why don't the U.S. convert Japanese PS2 Anime GAME?!

I've found as many as "60" AWESOME Anime Game on Japan websites. They look so amazingly NICE, especially on PS2. If I am at Japan, I would've boght'em all! (Well, maybe a few ^^; Thats the time when Money DOES take account )
    The nice one's price is range between 60,000 yen to 130,000 yen, or around $60~$130. Lets say they are all $60 then it well cost me $3,600 to buy the whole game!
    For people don't know what Anime Game is, Anime Game mostly base on a love story plot of the anime you've seen, and you are able to change the track to how you want it to be ended. And ofcource there are WAY many more patterns of Endings that you can do in the game then watching the anime! Most romance types of anime are base on the Game. EX: AIR, To Heart2, Futakoi, Convas, etc.
    Japan's hot selling game are these types of game! (I would like to get hold of at least ONE of em, but they don't ship to U.S) So disappointed >.<
    I really think that if U.S. convert Japanese PS2 Anime Game, then It would sell BIG TIME! The quality of the game is Ultimate, I don't even have to mention that there are many hidden fan service on the game that you can see; less restrictiv. Even if the voice translation can be the main issue, they could just kept the voice and just translate the words so at least we know what they are trying to say! (I am sure most anime watcher DO like the original voice over English voice.) To Sum it All up! These game will provide you the fantasy thrill of entering into the anime with YOU been the Main Character! Doesn't it sounds COOL?
    Last edited by kenenth84; Dec 04, 2005 at 05:12 AM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why don't the U.S. convert Japanese PS2 Anime GAME?!

Two Reasons:

1. Money. Costs way too much to translate the game, and to change the game code to conform US technology, and to censor the story to fit Canada/US/European law (Like it or not, they do censor stuff)

2. It wont sell well. Most Anime games would only sell to a Niche crowd, and in the long run are not a wise finacial investment.

Newbie Lord Kakashi may be famous one day Lord Kakashi may be famous one day Lord Kakashi's Avatar
    Thanks

ya those are good reasons but it would still be cool if they could though

^click the signature to join a new growing anime forums

Newbie minney may be famous one day minney may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yep that true it will cost lots of money

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

>.< I can't believe that All the Final Fantasy Game are been translate in English version with voice over, even FFXII is comming out in PS3/XBOX360, but NOT a SINGLE love types of Anime are been produce in U.S. >.<
    (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Final Fantasy!)

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

What? Where did you hear that FFXII is coming out on the PS3/Xbox360? Because whoever told you doesn't seem to know what they are talking about. It's going to be exclusive to the PS2.

And comparing the Anime games from Japan to the Final Fantasy series is not a good comparison IMO. The Final Fantasy series has always been hugely popular in America. Plus most anime games that have already been released in America don't sell well at all. It wouldn't make sense for developers to bring over games based, for instance, on the Bleach series.
    Too cool for a sig.

Newbie Tivles of Light may be famous one day Tivles of Light may be famous one day Tivles of Light's Avatar
    Thanks

love games? c'mon, that would be a bad investment. Sony, microsoft wouldnt touch one because their base for marketing games is TEENAGE BOYS from 14-mid 20s ish. What teenage boy would play anime love when they could be playing call to duty 2, halo 2, Madden, Soul calibur, tom clancy, or FF? Nintendo wouldnt touch it even though their base is of a lower age and covers both genders more equally because they dont care about the love stories, they want to play their kingdom hearts or whatnot.

so. it would be a terribly bad investment. also, the anime crowd itself is too small in the US for a game centered on love because the anime games here dont do well. Yugioh, inuyasha, FMA all flopped. Pokemon was better, but that was for younger kids.

Don't ever believe you dont deserve what you desire

<3 eternally TOL

Thanks

I see your view... lighten me up a bit. not as frustrated as before. Thanks for you comment.