Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why School Lies to Kids

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Why School Lies to Kids

Unfortunately, my other thread got closed because it was too of topic, and the topic was kind of fuzzy. So here's a new one thats pretty right to the point. Why do schools lie to kids and what do they lie about?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why School Lies to Kids

Lies to kids, like what. Maybe its the kids saying that?

Newbie Wing 0 may be famous one day Wing 0 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i dont care if school lies to us...because i hate school period
    i should have killed him when i had the chance

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Well, depending on what you are told, if you re talking about histoy, then what you're told is what the WINNER(of wars, and stuff like that ect ect) kept track of, for the world to know, it may or may not be the truth, since its history, we may never really know. They can manipulate what happened any way they want.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Lies to kids you say... depends on what you'd call a "lie." For a lot of subjects taught in school (i'e' astronomy, some history, physics, etc) don't always have a right or wrong answer, and we don't always no the correct answer. some of the most brilliant minds in the world study things just to find the "most widely accepted truth or theory." This means that it is believed to be right but not proven. As for history, things get fuzzy. We rely on a lot of details to teach history, but we don't always have those details. That's where multiple accounts of an event come into play to decide the one most accapted to be true. These are not neseccarily lies, but rather an unsure but accepted truth.

Newbie The Darkness may be famous one day The Darkness may be famous one day The Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    Lies to kids you say... depends on what you'd call a "lie." For a lot of subjects taught in school (i'e' astronomy, some history, physics, etc) don't always have a right or wrong answer, and we don't always no the correct answer. some of the most brilliant minds in the world study things just to find the "most widely accepted truth or theory." This means that it is believed to be right but not proven. As for history, things get fuzzy. We rely on a lot of details to teach history, but we don't always have those details. That's where multiple accounts of an event come into play to decide the one most accapted to be true. These are not neseccarily lies, but rather an unsure but accepted truth.

You're totally right, Zariff.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    i agree with you to some extent... but you say that history does not have a define answer, i disagree, while yes, witnesses and accounts can be wrong, the key points in history are wats important... it is a lie that pochohantas was beautifully in love with smith, and that she lived happily ever after... and thats one example of many...

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    Well, depending on what you are told, if you re talking about histoy, then what you're told is what the WINNER(of wars, and stuff like that ect ect) kept track of, for the world to know, it may or may not be the truth, since its history, we may never really know. They can manipulate what happened any way they want.
    haha, when i went to england i looked in my friends history textbook and they had only like a page on the revolutionary war. so i think it's mostly cuz history (like most other things) is biased
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast