Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why School Lies to Kids

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why School Lies to Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri79
    Why do schools lie to kids and what do they lie about?
    Schools do not "lie" to students. All academic lessons are subject to shading in one direction or another depending upon the person doing the teaching and the sources used to teach from. The only ones lying to the students are the students themselves when they take the word of a single teacher, book, or web site as gospel and fail to form their own opinions by checking several information sources.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    Schools do not "lie" to students. All academic lessons are subject to shading in one direction or another depending upon the person doing the teaching and the sources used to teach from. The only ones lying to the students are the students themselves when they take the word of a single teacher, book, or web site as gospel and fail to form their own opinions by checking several information sources.

hahahahahahaha you make me laugh hahahahahaha

lol

schools dont lie ha

Washington raped his slaves daily
    (btw there is no cherry tree)

the government slaughtered more
    native americans than they wrote down
    they kept their scalp records though

I'm surprised this country never went to communism

when you read up on the real history books
    not the ones they hand you in school

youll really learn something outside the system
    go to your local library they might have the truth might not

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank god.

History will always be written by those in power, its life!!

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    hahahahahahaha you make me laugh hahahahahaha

lol

schools dont lie ha

Washington raped his slaves daily
    (btw there is no cherry tree)

the government slaughtered more
    native americans than they wrote down
    they kept their scalp records though

when you read up on the real history books
    not the ones they hand you in school

youll really learn something outside the system
    go to your local library they might have the truth might not
    School's don't lie, but since you're 17 the automatic assumption is that schools do lie, along with parents, government, and anyone else who is old enough to buy alcohol.

In the 22 years that I was in school (elementary, Jr. High, High School, College, Grad School) not once did a teacher present a false fact. That is not to say that the entire truth was presented, either.

Washington's treatment (or mis-treatment) of slaves has no bearing on the events of the American Revolution, so why should it be included in the lesson? Much has happened in 6,000 years of recorded history and there is precious little time to present it in.

Historical dates, places, and events are well-known, but these days it's trendy to go out of your way to find some shred of something in order to villify any and all historical figures who happen to be white men.

Oh and to answer your question, the US never went to communism because Americans like money too much for the communist system to work.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

they told me all these men were great/honest/honorable well they arent
    they should tell us everything

btw because I'm 17 has nothing to do with it
    apparently your life is better than mine or you went to a better school
    all of my teachers held somekind of grudge/"strange love" towards me
    put me on 3 different drugs which I became addicted to

I was beat up everyday of school my teachers did nothing I finally had to be home schooled
    D.A.RE. yeah right they put me on so many drugs I dont remember anything they said
    the school system sucks and it does lie

sorry
    I dont mean to sound vicious but america sucks along with the school system
    I'm moving to Canada soon hopefully and I'm not signing anything with the army on it

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

btw because I'm 17 has nothing to do with it
    apparently your life is better than mine or you went to a better school
    all of my teachers held somekind of grudge/"strange love" towards me
    put me on 3 different drugs which I became addicted to

I was beat up everyday of school my teachers did nothing I finally had to be home schooled
    D.A.RE. yeah right they put me on so many drugs I dont remember anything they said
    the school system sucks and it does lie

sorry
    I dont mean to sound vicious but america sucks along with the school system
    I'm moving to Canada soon hopefully and I'm not signing anything with the army on it
    REPRESENT!!! now there is some sense!!!!i feel ur pain dude, sismilar story...

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Newbie manman may be famous one day manman may be famous one day manman's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, this is a touchy subject on which I think I'm kinda in the middle...

I don't agree that schools flat out lie to kids but I see a definate possibility for a doctored/censored version of the truth. Getting historical...In Nazi Germany Hiters' schools did teach kids completely bogus stuff but also alot of stuff was taught from a perspective that favoured Nazi ideology. All through the cold war our governments hid the truth from us and still today there are thousands of classified things and huge black budgets. Whos to say some of the things we learn aren't taught from a perspective or in a way that sculps/molds your views desicively in favour of the government, just like the news, why should I believe it just becuase they say it happened?

sorry that my argument contradicts itself btw , there is no way to proove it that I can see.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Why? Do you need to know what is in the National Inquirer as well for your current events?

People who claim they weren't "great/honest/honorable" use writting from the time period to say it. Problem is they take writtings from their contemporaries that hated them. If you think that politics is dirty now you should read some of the crap that they flung around back them. If polititions were accused of half of the things now that they were then there would be libel charges being pressed right and left. (Though I guess if they're a Supreme Court nominee anything goes.)

Point is, check the sources. It's not enough to say "a paper in 17XX said __". Papers lied all the time back then. You need to know who wrote it and why. But I guess that's more effort then most people are willing to go through and as Zui Quan said "Historical dates, places, and events are well-known, but these days it's trendy to go out of your way to find some shred of something in order to villify any and all historical figures who happen to be white men." So unfortunatly there are now a ton of books out there regurgitating gossip, rummers, and libel mixed with fact and there are alot of people buying it as the "truth".

It's sad really. Society has become extreamly hostile to contemporary political figures but at least they can defend themselves. Tearing down someone who has been dead for centuries and can't for the all mighty buck is about as low as you can get.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast