Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why School Lies to Kids

Otaku Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why School Lies to Kids

For the most part yes they do lie about most thing all it really is. Is that kids when to school kids learned about things then kids when and did things that is all.
    Hey if you don't understand what i am saying it just because I'm black.

OUR MOTTO
    to destroy all mankind for the benifits of pandas and Squirells alike.

I will make your brain hurt with not using commas and periods and putting Caps where there shouldn't be hahaha. The sparky strikes again haha

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkydizzy
    For the most part yes they do lie about most thing all it really is. Is that kids when to school kids learned about things then kids when and did things that is all.
    ???????????

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate school period!!

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, it seems to me that the schools aren't the only bias ones *cogh* students. I personally liked school, so I have no hard feeling toward it, thus I am not blinded by the hatred for knowledge. If you honestly think that your school lies to you, then do me a favor. Take a look at the things you learned at school (from the teachers and classes, not other students). do a little research and get information on the subjects (from reliable sources ) and compare it to what you learned in school. Look at how much of what your school has taught is right versus how much of it you find to be wrong, proven by at least 3 dependable sources. I nkow that none of you will do this, but if you did I assure you you'll find that your school is not "lieing" to you or anyone else.

Now that I've run this thread into the ground... I think I'm satisfied. ^_^

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Like it was said earlier in the thread Lot has happened since the begining of time. It is impossible to fit it all in. and thats why historians go to college to learn about one specific period of time. And one other thing, I don't remember kids being so whiny when I was in school. What happened?

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm....i didn't dislike school either. I think kids today like to throw blame anywhere but on themsevles. Like others have said. In the end it's up to YOU to find out if something is true or not, it's up to YOU to find out all sides of the story. It's in the end...up to you to decide what's true or false. History is history...a lot of it was written down from the perspective of the author. Schools can only teach you a limited amount of information in a limited amount of time. There's also all this hidden censorship limiting what should/shouldn't be exposed to kids. There's also what parents want or do not want their kids to learn. It's up to you to try and learn as much as you can. Even if the school system decides to spoon feed you information, it's no use unless you want to take it in. It's also not up to schools to give you all the dirt on people whom they teach you about.

At first this thread reminded me of OAC (Gr. 13) Physics... where the first day of class started with...."Remember Gr 12 Physics? Forget all that...I lied last year, here's the truth..." With math and sciences, you first got to learn the basics, the building blocks...the faults that people went through as science and math evolved... that was the only time that I felt that my teachers purposely lied....and it was for good reasons.

About the person who had a bad runin with the system with regards to them saying that you were a problem child when you were simply too ahead of your class and became...impatient at times...well yes, that wasn't really LYING to you. They just simply didn't understand...that's not ... lying. They misdiagnosed you and gave you the wrong type of treatment. They didn't lie. Unless you can PROVE that they KNEW you had an IQ of god knows what...but simply decided to drug you up and label you as a problem child then OK, they lied. But from the sounds of it, they just didn't know better and labeld you INCORRECTLY. That's far different from LYING.

BTW, each school system has their ups and downs. No single school system is perfect (Yes this also goes for homeschooling).
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern's Avatar
    Thanks

School sucks worse then paris hilton...........(oh wait she looked good at that).....

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Why School Lies to Kids

hmm...schools lying to kids....is that for real? about what exactly?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast