Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: why is it so hard?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why is it so hard?

reason is cause parents are jealous and want to be young again :P !
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Two main reasons. The first of which is time changes much faster than people do And the second of which is that the children do not always know what is best. Regardless of how I felt when I was 13, staying up until 2 am on a school night is not a good idea. But I didn't feel that way at the time.

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is it so hard? Most of the time because kids are stubborn. But parents can also be over bearing on thier kids. But reallly, alot of it is the kid. As a kid you think you are old enough to do anything (expect pay for all the bills). You think you should be allowed to do any thing and everything. If you want to stay up till 2am on a school night, well you should be able to because your older, you think you should be able to drive at 14, and etc. Really, most of the time in my experance parents DO care about thier kids (don't go get up in arms, i did say most of the time). Also parents have 20+ years on thier child of experance they the kid doesnt' have. Your parents have been though alot of the same stuff as you have, it might have been different, but still generally similar. They know what mistakes they did and as a parent it is thier job to teach you what is wrong and right and to help you avoid the mistakes they made.

But the child often times doesn't get why he can't stay up till 2am on a school night and alot of times is just told that he can't with out a reason. Maturity comes when a child finally understand why it isn't such a great idea to stay up till 2am on a school night.

So try to give your parents some respect and understand that they are probably trying thier best. It is hard to be a parent, no easy task. So if you arn't able to understand your parents and it seems they arn't understanding you, then you should talk to your parents and listen to what they have to say, but also put out how you feel. While you may not get your way, at least they will understand how you are feeling.

Otaku GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1 may be famous one day GSXR600K1's Avatar
    Thanks

Parents have alot more understand about life.
    Kids just think they know everything.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that parents have a different mentality from children. As a child a person acts only for whats good at the moment. they do not look into the future as an adult would. Only though experience and growing up is this mentality obtained. For example, when I was a kid I loved candy. Now I really don't eat it cause I know what it does to my teeth. And just like someone said before times are different. What was not acceptable back then is ok now. That's just the way it is. Now only if the generation of today remembers this when they grow up.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

My parents always said things to help me like"dont do this or your going to get hurt" and I'd more often than not do it anyways. And they were almost always right, I'm covered in scars both mentally and physicaly that remind me if I had only listened to the people who love me I wouldn't have gotten hurt. Now I have kids and I try to tell them the same things that my parents tried to tell me, and just like me most the time they wont listen. A never ending cycle, but I guess everyone just has to learn some things on their own regardless of how much we want to save them from the hurt. The only road to wisdom is the one you walk.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

parents think they know everything but they are twice their child's age thus have no idea what is going. sometimes they don't make the effort to listen. while kids are wrapped up in this American Teenager drama.... no other country even knows the term teenager.... they talk ot kids by their age and where i come from tehre are no kids, there are people. just because someone is older doesn't mean they are right, a common misconception adults have. and as Solking said kids and parents do have different mentalities.
    "why hit your kids, when damaging them psycologically is much more permenant" - hahaha a comic said that. that's hilarious and true.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so let me get this strait. The US is the only country where parents try to teach their children the things they have learned? The only place where the old have learned more through their years of experience than the young? Come off it, My parents went through most of the same BS that I did as did their parents befor them. I'm quite sure that yours did as well. They may not be great as parents but they probably have some basic common experience.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast