Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: why is it so hard?

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why is it so hard?

Well for those of you who still live with your parents. Try to learn as much as you can from them. Their life experience is priceless. And trust me you'll get along with them better when you move out. Well most of the time.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piko-chan
    why is it so hard for parents and children to understand each other?
    You're in your Teen Angst period of your life. Don't worry, Once you turn 18 and Life hits you hard in the groin, then you'll understand your parents and what they've been trying to teach you.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    You're in your Teen Angst period of your life. Don't worry, Once you turn 18 and Life hits you hard in the groin, then you'll understand your parents and what they've been trying to teach you.
    I must've missed something then.
    I just got that slowly as the years went by, from puberty onwards it was learn, learn and learn.

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

To be honest, it's typical in a normal capitalistic society. I am guessing most of you are a part of one. As the time changes, the media and surroundings change also. Thus, this changes the way people think too. Although, some people dont watch TV or live in a big city, but they are affected because of the products that are sold in stores and their resources they have to use on a daily bases. So, you can see why parents and children often think differently, it's because they grew up with different options given to them (For example : It would be less likely for somebody to decide to kill people with guns if we didn't sell guns in US legally because there is hardly an option). I figured this because in most 3rd world countries, the children follow many strict traditions and always obey their parents because that is how they were taught and if they didn't, it was frowned upon among their whole society.

No, I am not saying that I dislike America or any other nation, I am just pointing out how sometimes societies work. Socialogy almost...

Edit : I am on new medine and when i reread this post today, i for some reason don't agree... ignore it =P
    Last edited by Brother; Aug 22, 2005 at 03:46 PM.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

well you've got the whole different generation thing first of all, and then you have the fact that both are stubborn. also i find with myself and other teens that we instantly seem to think that our parents don't understand us. also alot of teens just dislike their parents due to teen angst. parents can be stubborn at times though and will at times act like gimps. i guess it's mainly that there is lack of communication and so lack of trust and insecurity arises in both side s of the relationship
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not gonna deal with that crap. If my kids ever do that "teen angst" they will find themselves in military school. At least there I know they will learn what they need to know to survive in the world, and be productive members of society.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    I'm not gonna deal with that crap. If my kids ever do that "teen angst" they will find themselves in military school. At least there I know they will learn what they need to know to survive in the world, and be productive members of society.
    and thats the problem that parents have, you seem so unwilling to try and understand.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really understand what this 'they're from a different generation' stuff is about. My dad grew up in the fifties, me in the nineties, and while we've not always seen eye to eye, I've never had a problem understanding where he's coming from. Don't say that they just won't or can't understand you based on a generation gap. That's absolute bull. It's not that your parents don't understand, it's that your parents don't agree.

Staying away all night with your current crush? Of course you want to, of course you feel like it's right. Do your parents agree? No. Do they understand? Yes. It's not because 'boys and girls didn't do that' when they were your age, it's because they don't want you getting your girlfriend pregnant or you getting knocked up at sixteen. Certainly there's a point at which this becomes overbearing. For instance, if you're a voting citizen that still has a parental curfew... but I digress.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast