Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: why is it so hard?

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why is it so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    There are things that the military life can teach that kids may have a hard time learning if they are getting into trouble. Trust is probably the most important of the issues mentioned above. But what are a parents options if their kids show them that they cannot be trusted? How do we help them if they don't want to be helped? We have to do something, I think that military/boarding schools are a perfectly good options. If they arent capable of removing themselves from situations where they can get into trouble then it is our job as parents to do so.
    in order to have a good relationship with one's child as in for teh chidl to trust the parents and tell them certain things that can even help save the kid's life, and the parent shoudl trust the child. not all kids are bad, parents assume that because some kids smoke weed that everyone age 13 and above will smoke weed.... i think its the parents fault for not informing there child... i am 16 and my parents never talked about sex or drugs to me..... of course i know everything but i shouldn't have ot know and find out this information when i am 10 years old. i think my parents should have said something. don't you? they still think i don't know anything... and i walk around liek an ignorant idiot.... thsu they don't trust me because they dont ask me questions..... and don't tell me things... thus no trust and i have to lie. parents make simple situations into complex problems. it can be as simply as askign a question or answerign questions. they don't have ot get all uptight eastern european christian on my ass....

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    they don't trust me because they dont ask me questions..... and don't tell me things... thus no trust and i have to lie.
    You have this statement completely backward. Your parents probably don't trust you because they probably know you lie. Don't try to get things past them it'll just make matters worse. Open communication is always the best, but for that someone has to take the first step, but when talking fails something else has to be done. Parents have a responsibility to watch out for the welfare of their kids. In some cases it's better your kids hate you than end up on the streets or dead.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Good question - I feel that it depends on the parents and the kids ... I have good communication with my folks, so we understand each other quite well ... Even so, we still have our little fights here and there... Just remember - we're only human. We cannot, and never will be, perfect.

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that it is neither one thing nor another, but rather a combination of many things, parents think they completely understand children, that we are not capable of deep thought, while kids think the same of their parents. ppl complain that adults are too judgemental of kids, but aren't we the same? we see an old man and immediately jump to conclusions...

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

Parent's don't really understand us because.the forgot how it's like to be a kid or
    a teen.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spike spiegel
    Parent's don't really understand us because.the forgot how it's like to be a kid or a teen.
    Oh, they remember. They remember it all, the good and the bad. You know when you want to go out all night on saturday, they remember what happened when they did that. In fact some of you were conceived in this very fashion. (I had my first kid at 16.) Some got arrested for various reasons. They had crushes and first loves and heart breaks just like you. And no, memories like that aren't easily forgotten. Did you ever consider that your parents might just want to save you some of the crap they endured? That they are trying to help you by teaching you from their experience. Next time they make a decision you don't like ask them why they made that choice, you may be shocked by their answer.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, well, I'm not going to make this as complicated as initially anticipated. I think it all depends on what type of people the parents and children are. I mean, I don't want to throw around the word 'open-minded', so I'll put it more like this. If one is willing to understand the other, but at the same time know that it isn't required of them to agree, then the relationship should go rather well. Parents and children aren't made to agree on all bases, neither is everyone in the word in any type of relationship.

Overall, as stated before, it all depends on the type of people they are. We don't pick our parents and they don't choose how their children will turn out to be. (although with all this technology going around... .^_^.)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6