Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The will to live?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The will to live?

There is no such thing as an original idea or concept but rather all knowledge and wisdom is gained by the reciprocation of the passing of knowledge from one generation to the next. Through the passing of this knowledge, thoughts and ideas are made manifest and we assess a value of truth, thereafter expanding upon, acknowledging, or disclaiming the validity thereof.

Thus to borrow, proliferate and ultimately redefine the ideas that Maslow, Freud, Marx and others before them have expanded upon there is this thought that Maslow introduces with his law. Per Maslow’s law, humanity operates per basic “needs” that build upon or rather drive other needs, I concur but only to the extent of Maslow’s law that we do operate along basic “needs”, the rest of the thoughts that Maslow elaborated upon profusely looses validity solely by the exact conclusion he derived.

The single human need that drives all others is the “will to live” thus this is the absolute underlining motivation that facilitates the primary propellers of life. Though not every person will manifest the “will to live” in the same manner, different facets of every persons life will exonerate this driver. The will to live closely affixiates itself with not only an individual but to all of humanity as a whole.

This can be seen in about every facet of humanity, the “will to live” manifests itself in our fascination with living forever and eternal youth; these concepts have sparked many myths and folklore.

Given the chance for physical immortality is for the moment nothing more than a fantasy, man still attempts and strives for ways to prolong, transplant or create life after death. With prolonging life it can be stated that man will (normally without hesitation), cheat, lie, steal, kill and do about any other thing under the sun to preserve their own life. We create funnel billions of dollars developing medicines to keep us healthy in an effort to prolong our lives, make us look younger (youth being the association with futility and life) and feel younger as well.

Parents use their children as an extension of their own lives making them do the things they never could (play the piano, sports, med-school, etc…) thus facilitating their living on by instilling their failed dreams into their offspring.

Marxism suggests that man even uses religion (a suggestion that religion is man made rather than anyone of them being an actuality) to fulfill this basic need. Man creates religions that either produces the concept of living forever or ones life becoming renewed; Christianity has eternal life after death, Buddhism/Hinduism has reincarnation, etc…

The beauty of this realism is that it directly relates to all of the aforementioned qualifiers but appears so in an indirect manner. Thoughts & Ideas?

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The will to live?

What you say makes alot of sence. However not everyone is willing to do everything bad under the sun to prolong their life. I actually don't know how to answer to this message

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

This has got to be one of the most logical things I ever heard in my life. In my opinion, there is pretty nothing else to add on to this statement. Way to go chiefblackhammer. Fashion-tastic !!!!!

~Kiss
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Feb 11, 2006 at 09:45 PM.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HibikiLink
    What you say makes alot of sence. However not everyone is willing to do everything bad under the sun to prolong their life. I actually don't know how to answer to this message
    I wasn't trying to suggest they would do it just to prolong their life but when placed in situations where one faces imminent danger or threat of their life ending their instincts take over and there isn't much they won't do because they are no longer using logic but rather using raw emotion.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

People are afraid of getting old and dieing...Simple as that.

Plus some of the beauty's out there wanna stay young and healthy forever...So Yes they will do things to try and prolong their youthful appearences.

Look at John Bastow! Haha Woo...and that one REALLY old guy that is like super active and "Muscles".

Sure it's not a crime to want to look beautiful. But let it come naturally... I mean sure whatever Make-up and all that jazz. But I mean people don't need to get all these face lifts and plastic surgery. Go run around your block 3 times.
    You won't be able to stay beautiful forever. One day you'll just be a skeleton in a box 6 feet under the ground.

BUT, Rather than focus our attention on the outside beauty..Us humans should focuz on inward beauty. Our Spirit...That's what really counts my friends.^^

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

[/QUOTE] BUT, Rather than focus our attention on the outside beauty..Us humans should focuz on inward beauty. Our Spirit...That's what really counts my friends.^^[/QUOTE]

I would Hi 5 you on that if I could that is so what we need to do. I like the way you think
    Last edited by HibikiLink; Feb 11, 2006 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont get the point of this thread. My head hurts. lol

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    People are afraid of getting old and dieing...Simple as that.

Plus some of the beauty's out there wanna stay young and healthy forever...So Yes they will do things to try and prolong their youthful appearences.

Look at John Bastow! Haha Woo...and that one REALLY old guy that is like super active and "Muscles".

Sure it's not a crime to want to look beautiful. But let it come naturally... I mean sure whatever Make-up and all that jazz. But I mean people don't need to get all these face lifts and plastic surgery. Go run around your block 3 times.
    You won't be able to stay beautiful forever. One day you'll just be a skeleton in a box 6 feet under the ground.

BUT, Rather than focus our attention on the outside beauty..Us humans should focuz on inward beauty. Our Spirit...That's what really counts my friends.^^
    I'm not afraid of dying, but I do want to live life to it's fullest. But above all, well said JustLoseIt ^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast