Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 9 to 15 of 15

Thread: The will to live?

  1. #9
    Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Colorado USA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: The will to live?

    I think what chiefblackhammer is asking is why do we run from death when we all know were going to die anyways?

    I can't answer that because i act like every minute is my last, wanting to die to live my life to the fullest.Don't get me wrong, i would never kill myself.Its human nature to not want to die and do any thing to live as long as you can.My brain has over rided that, beliving if i died now i lived a good life(which i have).I think this makes me much different then most of you, because i live my life in a way most of you never will.

    Code Name Wind

  2. #10
    ??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: The will to live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    I think what chiefblackhammer is asking is why do we run from death when we all know were going to die anyways?

    Probably because that were a afraid of the unknown and were just scared to face death.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

  3. #11
    Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Inbetween stuff.
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: The will to live?

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    There is no such thing as an original idea or concept but rather all knowledge and wisdom is gained by the reciprocation of the passing of knowledge from one generation to the next. Through the passing of this knowledge, thoughts and ideas are made manifest and we assess a value of truth, thereafter expanding upon, acknowledging, or disclaiming the validity thereof.

    Thus to borrow, proliferate and ultimately redefine the ideas that Maslow, Freud, Marx and others before them have expanded upon there is this thought that Maslow introduces with his law. Per Maslow’s law, humanity operates per basic “needs” that build upon or rather drive other needs, I concur but only to the extent of Maslow’s law that we do operate along basic “needs”, the rest of the thoughts that Maslow elaborated upon profusely looses validity solely by the exact conclusion he derived.

    The single human need that drives all others is the “will to live” thus this is the absolute underlining motivation that facilitates the primary propellers of life. Though not every person will manifest the “will to live” in the same manner, different facets of every persons life will exonerate this driver. The will to live closely affixiates itself with not only an individual but to all of humanity as a whole.

    This can be seen in about every facet of humanity, the “will to live” manifests itself in our fascination with living forever and eternal youth; these concepts have sparked many myths and folklore.

    Given the chance for physical immortality is for the moment nothing more than a fantasy, man still attempts and strives for ways to prolong, transplant or create life after death. With prolonging life it can be stated that man will (normally without hesitation), cheat, lie, steal, kill and do about any other thing under the sun to preserve their own life. We create funnel billions of dollars developing medicines to keep us healthy in an effort to prolong our lives, make us look younger (youth being the association with futility and life) and feel younger as well.

    Parents use their children as an extension of their own lives making them do the things they never could (play the piano, sports, med-school, etc…) thus facilitating their living on by instilling their failed dreams into their offspring.

    Marxism suggests that man even uses religion (a suggestion that religion is man made rather than anyone of them being an actuality) to fulfill this basic need. Man creates religions that either produces the concept of living forever or ones life becoming renewed; Christianity has eternal life after death, Buddhism/Hinduism has reincarnation, etc…

    The beauty of this realism is that it directly relates to all of the aforementioned qualifiers but appears so in an indirect manner. Thoughts & Ideas?
    O_O I haven't seen a topic so delicately posted since my days in Dejitaru!
    ^_^ For that, I give you my claps! That is truly acknowledgeable!
    Let me try my best to post like I used to as well!

    • beginning statement
      for your starting statement, I'll have to agree that you have definitely brought up something unmistakeable to most scholars and philosophers. Indeed, there is no such thing as an original idea according to how you placed it. However, I must disagree to that with a quote from the author Joshua Reynolds:

      "A mere copier of nature can never produce anything great."

      Though merely an opinion from someone born from a womb, which would be included in your statement, I will stand by his statement. If we cannot have an original thought, I must trace our "original" thoughts to our very great creations. Yet, you do not need my list for these works. You can see for yourself when you see the Wonders of the World. Even if taught this "manufactured originality", these works do indeed inspire even the most experienced artists.

      Our most simple works of art; a crudely made stick figure, an apartment design, a review to a common play, and other such. These are examples of individuality without inspiration. A man who has not seen a single work by another creature can still create art. But is this because the genes that have been passed down into his own has art inside it? Could it be the traits that an Almighty Being have fused into the soul of mankind since the beginning of time?

      Whether given or created. Every work is original. Every thought is original. If we were to destroy everything that was given to us, and everything we have learned, we would find us creating anew, am I right? I know you were not possibly referring to the topic I bring up, but it I believe it corrolates to your statement in some way.

    • ending statement
      in some indirect way or another indeed. I agree upon it, yet collect my previous theory and place it in front of me again. I stand firm by it.

    • overall statement
      is this indeed your will to live? Or could you have possibly stated this from another's inspiration? My theory denies such things. Yet, upon retrospect, agrees with it. I deny and agree, for the reason of my will to live.

      We are assuredly fed thoughts since the beginning of our life. In places in the world, some are taught of the presents of Santa Claus. This tradition is played out less and less as years pass into our most agnostic century yet. The very agnostic "disease" is being spread by those who have earned "original" thoughts and even studied facts of the past. As an example:

      Art history classes who study Christian art's history have led 23.1224% of Christian students who attended the classes, away from Christianity.
      -Unknown Source


      We are definitely "bi-products" of history, the media, and our very own genetics. But having religion being one of our "wills" to live has been decreasing due to the lack of foundation and writing in the past. This could have been the product of previous armies and government officials burning such works of studies, but it does not erase the fact of lack of facts and need of faith.

      Let me place a better situation to reinforce my debate:

      Without hope, what do we seek in this life? What do we live for? What is our will to live? A constant programming of cogs and notches that keep mankind surviving. We indeed find our own immortality in our children and our faith, but was mankind really meant to disappear from this universe without a continuation? Was our life truly so insignificant? ...what is the use of creating original works, or to even fight for our own rights? If we end ourselves now, we can stop this eternal cycle of nothingness. But will we? No. Because we have hope. Because this world does indeed have hope. Could it be we, who found hopelessness, who created hope? Or could some Supreme Being given us hope to continue life for a more powerful reason than just to live? ...a life without hope is a life without living. We seek hope to seek life. If we give up hope, then we die some way some how. It is true, this world has faith. Even if we created it or not, it is still here. We cannot truly know until the end.


    • personal highlights
      could it have been the passing of history or is every human really given a collection of traits within the mind? Could we really create new thoughts, or does our mind hold everything, having us only unlock new rooms within it?

      I say this upon the names of those who you referred to.

      Maslow. His theory I thought up on my own when I was in 4th grade.
      Freud. Whose theory you didn't name specifically in your thesis, I gave myself the "original idea" when I was in 5th grade.
      And Marx's, his original theory I ran into in my own contemplation during the 7th grade.

      As a note, I was never taught these theories or beliefs in my classes. This was of course, because I was in a Private Christian School most of my life. I only recently, within a bi-year's period, realized their theories were already named and placed into books.

      That always amazes me.


      So as for my conclusion, I must say that the will to live dives much deeper than you have stated for reason of: No real ending placed in any of the above theories.
      How can we indeed grasp immortality if we cannot count to it?
      How can we indeed grasp life if we cannot touch it?

  4. #12
    Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Colorado USA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: The will to live?

    your post was good Soshi Kitai, you make it sound like the human race gets smarter with every generation.It may be true to you but i think humans are getting dumber in more ways then there getting smarter.Without respecting what we know then we may never use it corectlly.

    And being origianl will be the cause of inddivuaity

    Code Name Wind

  5. #13
    Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Inbetween stuff.
    Posts
    1,414
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: The will to live?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count
    your post was good Soshi Kitai, you make it sound like the human race gets smarter with every generation.It may be true to you but i think humans are getting dumber in more ways then there getting smarter.Without respecting what we know then we may never use it corectlly.

    And being origianl will be the cause of inddivuaity
    ^__^ I never said they got more intelligent. I said we all are gaining our own originality! And that includes originality in dumbness! XD XD XD

  6. #14
    Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    never in one place
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: The will to live?

    [EXTREME CAUTION NOTE: ALOT OF NONESENCE IS PRESENT IN MY POST]

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Parents use their children as an extension of their own lives making them do the things they never could (play the piano, sports, med-school, etc…) thus facilitating their living on by instilling their failed dreams into their offspring.

    Marxism suggests that man even uses religion (a suggestion that religion is man made rather than anyone of them being an actuality) to fulfill this basic need. Man creates religions that either produces the concept of living forever or ones life becoming renewed; Christianity has eternal life after death, Buddhism/Hinduism has reincarnation, etc…
    *note my logic is completly defined by your post* is just the matter of taking info from your post and testing them with other people

    *second note, this is alot of nonsence talk that will eventually lead nowhere*

    *they way i defind things are completly diffrent than what you think, add natrual human error*
    -----------------------------------
    justify how parents use thier children as an extension of their own lives and blah blah blah.

    justify marxism? you think its correct? if you can say marxism[theory] is correct then you are saying men is correct[the theories of men]. but marxism isnt correct because men[the theories of men] all have diffrent theories[theories]

    *just replace [jesus] with [christianity] cause i dont wanna spell*

    ill make it simple cause i guess you dont know anything about quantum physics.
    you say marxism is correct[theory]
    you=human, thefore humans say marxism is correct[theory]
    ;but humans also say jesus is correct[theory 2]
    ;jesus[theory2]=marxism[theory]? no

    in this case i compared a religion[jesus] to the philosophical theory[marxism]. why because this example shows what humans think by belief(in this case the word belief is now [manmade]) so we have two [manmade] constants. the constants are [marxism] and [jesus]. after we find common ground we collide the two and see what happens.

    no in simple theory as you can see jesus and marxism(cause religion is uneeded) cannot exist[this statement holds true if one person lived on earth] therefore we can safely say humanity belifes in "whatever".

    but the simple fact is that we coexist in a world of diffrent beliefs and we somehow manage to find balance within society.

    so if marxism[belief]=no will to live cause you just die=[marxism theory]
    ;then i guess you just die if you want

    however....

    another person can say
    so if love[belief]=natrual instinct[undefined]
    or
    so if want[want]=natrual want[undefined]

    what is [undefined]? i dont know its just something humans just have. the question is can a human see life from his/her perspective? maybe, but remmeber this. the part of the human brain that gives us perspection never grows. therefore we may never be able to know life/love/time/who we are or other weird stuff.

    here is the human perspection.

    yeah its suppose to be a road over the horizion. why do i use this example. because i wanna show you how us humans think. we see the road shrinking as we look farther into the horizion but in reality(or at least mine) the road doesnt shrink. if we really wanted to we could go out and mesure the roads and we find that the road doesnt shrink(well there are tolerances). the point is "a human" sees the world from his/her/it/whatever's "distorted" point of view. if you could be everwhere/everything then you could possibily know life. same thing goes for sound(you can only hear what is around you). if you can hear everything at once. if you can know everything at once. if you know everything at once. the only advantage this gives us it[depth]

    which leads to the theory

    [god]

    god is ominipresent
    god is omnipotent
    god is awhole bunch of other Omni-things but ive already listed the two major ones.
    so if all is one then there is no [depth]

    it is not theoretically possible(for a human) to know everything(the theory is that we do not have enough knowledge to know everything) plus the fact that the human mind simply has natural blocks to overcome stress and stuff.
    we make up theories that we think are right but the theories themselves dont explain how it came to be.(therefore we developed quantum theory)
    and here is where it begins to loop.
    quantum theory its self is a theory developed by humans.

    ok here it goes

    god is ominipresent and all knowing and god is eveything
    so using(simple logic)
    if god=red[god red]
    if god=blue[god blue]
    [god blue]=[god red], which is false

    so using(christian logic)
    god=all knowing, all powerfull, everywhere, everything, from the beginning of time to its end.

    can we prove god wrong? no we dont have enough info. can god coexist then and now? the only one who can answer this is god himself, but does god know that anwser? where can god find that anwser? it is now or is it in 2000+years? perhaps when you find that awnser you can become god. cause if god=everything that means god=you and you+you+you*all of us=god. therefore the kindgom of god is inside you=kingdom of god is inside us.

    what does this have to do with life?
    i dont know but what does your beliefs have to do with life? you assume but guess what. you assume something you dont know is true. it just seems like it from your view.

    [HEY YOU ASKED WHAT I THOUGH, AND I THOUGH OF SOMETHING]
    Last edited by dgs_vex; Feb 18, 2006 at 06:55 PM.

  7. #15
    Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    never in one place
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: The will to live?

    [EXTREME CAUTION NOTE: ALOT OF NONESENCE IS PRESENT IN MY POST]

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Parents use their children as an extension of their own lives making them do the things they never could (play the piano, sports, med-school, etc…) thus facilitating their living on by instilling their failed dreams into their offspring.

    Marxism suggests that man even uses religion (a suggestion that religion is man made rather than anyone of them being an actuality) to fulfill this basic need. Man creates religions that either produces the concept of living forever or ones life becoming renewed; Christianity has eternal life after death, Buddhism/Hinduism has reincarnation, etc…
    *note my logic is completly defined by your post* is just the matter of taking info from your post and testing them with other people

    *second note, this is alot of nonsence talk that will eventually lead nowhere*

    *they way i defind things are completly diffrent than what you think, add natrual human error*
    -----------------------------------
    justify how parents use thier children as an extension of their own lives and blah blah blah.

    justify marxism? you think its correct? if you can say marxism[theory] is correct then you are saying men is correct[the theories of men]. but marxism isnt correct because men[the theories of men] all have diffrent theories[theories]

    *just replace [jesus] with [christianity] cause i dont wanna spell*

    ill make it simple cause i guess you dont know anything about quantum physics.
    you say marxism is correct[theory]
    you=human, thefore humans say marxism is correct[theory]
    ;but humans also say jesus is correct[theory 2]
    ;jesus[theory2]=marxism[theory]? no

    in this case i compared a religion[jesus] to the philosophical theory[marxism]. why because this example shows what humans think by belief(in this case the word belief is now [manmade]) so we have two [manmade] constants. the constants are [marxism] and [jesus]. after we find common ground we collide the two and see what happens.

    no in simple theory as you can see jesus and marxism(cause religion is uneeded) cannot exist[this statement holds true if one person lived on earth] therefore we can safely say humanity belifes in "whatever".

    but the simple fact is that we coexist in a world of diffrent beliefs and we somehow manage to find balance within society.

    so if marxism[belief]=no will to live cause you just die=[marxism theory]
    ;then i guess you just die if you want

    however....

    another person can say
    so if love[belief]=natrual instinct[undefined]=will to live
    or
    so if want[want]=natrual want[undefined]=will to live
    these things hold true because there are actuall people who live because of this.

    what is [undefined]? i dont know its just something humans just have. the question is can a human see life from his/her perspective? maybe, but remmeber this. the part of the human brain that gives us perspection never grows. therefore we may never be able to know life/love/time/who we are or other weird stuff.

    here is the human perspection.

    yeah its suppose to be a road over the horizion. why do i use this example. because i wanna show you how us humans think. we see the road shrinking as we look farther into the horizion but in reality(or at least mine) the road doesnt shrink. if we really wanted to we could go out and mesure the roads and we find that the road doesnt shrink(well there are tolerances). the point is "a human" sees the world from his/her/it/whatever's "distorted" point of view. if you could be everwhere/everything then you could possibily know life. same thing goes for sound(you can only hear what is around you). if you can hear everything at once. if you can know everything at once. if you know everything at once. the only advantage this gives us it[depth]

    which leads to the theory

    [god]

    god is ominipresent
    god is omnipotent
    god is awhole bunch of other Omni-things but ive already listed the two major ones.
    because god is ominipresent he is everything, because he is everything, he knows everything and what god knows makes god allpowerful and stuff(cause we know knowlegde is power right?).
    so if all is one then there is no [depth]. depth is not needed. cause if you have[1] and [0](0=nothing) you can only move [1] cause its everything(our world, the galaxy, and stuff) you can try moving nothing but moving nothing is the same is moving nothing or not moving anything.

    it is not theoretically possible(for a human) to know everything(the theory is that we do not have enough knowledge to know everything) plus the fact that the human mind simply has natural blocks to overcome stress and stuff.
    we make up theories that we think are right but the theories themselves dont explain how it came to be.(therefore we developed quantum theory)
    and here is where it begins to loop.
    quantum theory its self is a theory developed by humans.

    ok here it goes

    god is ominipresent and all knowing and god is eveything
    so using(simple logic)
    if god=red[god red]
    if god=blue[god blue]
    [god blue]=[god red], which is false

    so using(christian logic)
    god=all knowing, all powerfull, everywhere, everything, from the beginning of time to its end.

    can we prove god wrong? no we dont have enough info. can god coexist then and now? the only one who can answer this is god himself, but does god know that anwser? where can god find that anwser? it is now or is it in 2000+years? perhaps when you find that awnser you can become god. cause if god=everything that means god=you and you+you+you*all of us=god. therefore the kindgom of god is inside you=kingdom of god is inside us.

    what does this have to do with life?
    i dont know but what does your beliefs have to do with life? you assume but guess what. you assume something you dont know is true. it just seems like it from your point of veiw. our minds natrually link something to an immaginary [something] thats just how the mind works. for example love, love is something you might think humans can feel. you can only know your own love but not theres. to know there would be weird but god knows it. cause god knows love itself. the only thing humans do is try to know what god already knows. and maybe someday we might know what life is?

    btw buddism is basically the study of living. its not really a religion but a belief.

    [HEY YOU ASKED WHAT I THOUGH, AND I THOUGH OF SOMETHING]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Halo 2 and Xbox live!!!
    By Alucard_Spriggan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2006, 08:42 AM
  2. G8 summit and Live 8
    By Sib in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2005, 12:00 PM
  3. The reason i live.
    By whitec in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2005, 10:41 PM
  4. Anime to Live Action
    By nova in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2005, 11:08 PM
  5. What Anime/Game world would you live in
    By False Truth in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2005, 02:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts