Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Connection

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

Wireless Connection

I dont know how many of you use wireless, but I bet one without it would even know more than the linksys tech support. Alright, so all I want is to know how to have the Wireless option. I've tried using XP's help and support and they tell me to go into Network Connections and right click on Wireless Networks but i dont have anything in that folder that is under the name of Wireless Networks. The only thing in there is Local Area Connection which is used for a modem which i do not use on that computer. Any advice would be appreciated more than a linksys tech support employee.

*******UPDATE******** : No longer looking to fix the problem but rather get new/better and also cheaper hardware. Thanks.
    Last edited by Brother; Aug 22, 2005 at 01:46 AM.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wireless Connection

Ugh this is where dan would come in Handy he is the guy with PROFESSOR OAK as his Icon. I am going to call him professor oak because people have told me that I am calling him by the wrong name. I need to learn his name.
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

Yah, LenMiyata always seems like the source of wisdom... unfortunately he's not on!!!! god damn....

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

First question, do you have a laptop or other computer that has a wireless card in it?

Thanks

No... I am using two desktop PCs. One has a router and modem hooked to it, and im trying to get my other computer to get hooked to the wireless using an USB adapter. I did all the technical installations exactly how I was supposed to but after the installation I never had a Wireless Network option added to my network connections.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you don't have a wireless connection icon in your bundle of network connections, that means that the drivers are missing/haven't been installed/or the hardware on the computer is not being detected. So what kind of wirelss gear does your computer have??? (built in laptop??, PCI card??? USB device???) and what are you trying to connect too???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

All in the above post. I installed all the drivers properly and i see it under my hardware devices... and i updated the driver fully but still wont give me wireless.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you don't have that Wireless conection icon, then something was not detected during the installation process...

Try going through the network connection wizard for broadband connection and see if it offers the USB wireless device... And if it doesn't, run the network diagnostic check on the last page of the network connection wizard, and see if it finds and lists the device... If that doesn't find it, then it is a driver problem...

How did you install the drivers??? Did you go through 'Add new hardware', or did you just run the installation program that came with the wireless...

EDIT: Do a search of the Microsoft Help for the 'Wireless Network Setup Wizard', which should direct you to the proper setup utility...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast