Thread: Wireless network problem

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Wireless network problem

It seems my wireless network isn't working on my laptop. Here is the problem. It stays on the process of acquiring the network ID. It has a strong signal from my wireless d-link router from the status bar, the internal network card is working on the laptop, from the properties information.
    When I make a wire connection from my laptop to the router, i do get internet connection and my other desktop computers are wired to the router and they work. Therefore it is some kind of a wireless problem.

This all happened last night when I was playing Guildwars. There was a huge lag for a few minutes and I got disconnected. Also, one of the two desktop computer, that was wired also got disconnected, but the other desktop did not. Now only my laptop isn't working, both of the wired desktop works. It stays on the process of acquiring the network. All the virus def is upto date. I've run spybot and it did not find anything. I have the norton firewall and systemworks with antivirus, but hasn't run that yet.

Any help will be appreciated

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wireless network problem

do you have your security setup for the wireless on the router? you should go in your router and make sure no settings have been changed, no passwords or network keys changed. Which router are you using and how familiar are you with it?
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Char Aznable may be famous one day Char Aznable may be famous one day Char Aznable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sedka
    It seems my wireless network isn't working on my laptop. Here is the problem. It stays on the process of acquiring the network ID. It has a strong signal from my wireless d-link router from the status bar, the internal network card is working on the laptop, from the properties information.
    When I make a wire connection from my laptop to the router, i do get internet connection and my other desktop computers are wired to the router and they work. Therefore it is some kind of a wireless problem.

This all happened last night when I was playing Guildwars. There was a huge lag for a few minutes and I got disconnected. Also, one of the two desktop computer, that was wired also got disconnected, but the other desktop did not. Now only my laptop isn't working, both of the wired desktop works. It stays on the process of acquiring the network. All the virus def is upto date. I've run spybot and it did not find anything. I have the norton firewall and systemworks with antivirus, but hasn't run that yet.

Any help will be appreciated
    hmm, like the great Yoda says to his young padawan jedi's.. "Patience, young padawan..."

just wait another day or too, it may fix itself.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it has something router. take a good look and see if anything seems different about it. otherwise it might fix itself in a couple of days or so. and i would take the laptop and the router to a profetional and tell them the problem and ask them to just check it out and see if anyhtings wrong and can be fixed or updated. and it might not be something too big it might just be something very small. so pray that it is and it can be easily fixed.

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

rather than just wait a few days....turn off the router (unplug the power) and turn it back on after 5 mins or so. This should let it sort itself out.

if you don't have your wireless secured, you should...right away.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Take your laptop to a public wireless 'hot spot' and see if you can connect.... This will at least tell you if the laptop wireless port is functional (and the problem is with the router) or if the laptop wireless is toast...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

surprisingly it started to work again. I did turn off the router and reset the modem and that did not help. Anyway it is working again, very strange. Thanks for all the help.