Thread: wireless router.....SP2 problem...

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks

wireless router.....SP2 problem...

i have a XP SP1 desktop, just install SP2 yesterday after i install SP2 my pc cant login after the welcome screen a blue backgound messege say windows is shutdown to prvent damage to ur pc....if this is the fist time u see this try restare pc...and so on.... if i unplug the wireless router the probem is gone and if i plug it back after i login samething happens.....so i will like to if there any way to fix this with out reinstall the window SP1.... cause i get a lot thing in my pc dont want to lose them.... ps i had a NETGEAR wireless router plz ~~~ someone help~~

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks
    Did a search on google and found out that Netgear's wireless routers had compatibility issues with WinXP's SP2 for a long time. Now they're fixed with new software. Go to Netgear's site and download new software/driver. That should fix it.

If there're no related software/drivers that you (your Windows) use when connecting to the router (straight through an RJ-45 cable [=typical network cable]), I can't help, since it doesn't use any drivers for that (only network protocols).

But since it gives that blue screen, it seems like you have a USB router, which means there's some software that propably needs to be updated.

Hope it helped. I don't use any wireless cards/routers etc. so this is based on what I could get from a quick google search.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Newbie wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l may be famous one day wangwang1l's Avatar
    Thanks

~~~~~

yep its a USB router i try the upgrade the software it work for i day then the same problem.... i guess its the router >.< i know it can be fix by reinstall XP to SP1 but i dont want to lose everything....>.<~~~

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    See if you can login to SAFE MODE in XP restart your computer when the main logo of your computer brand comes up at startup hit F8 till you get the windows start up options. This will run everything on a basic windows setup meaning no other programs but the windows OS running. Goto Start, All Programs, Accesories, System Tools and do a system restore before the point you installed SP2 it will have a restore point just for that. run it and it should take you back down to SP1 status. Update your drivers and THEN install SP2