Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wish

Newbie Piko-chan may be famous one day Piko-chan may be famous one day Piko-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish

anybody know this manga? it was made by the ppl from CLAMP and the story somehow resembles that of Oh My Goddess! but it's short (only 4 volumes) but good.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Wish

Oh My Godess ... oh yeah that's da one about this college student who has a rough life and then a goddess comes to him through a phone call, and now she lives with him and tells him he can be granted one wish.....so he wishes that she stays with him. then they fall in love and....well, i don't wanna spoil da ending.....

oh, sorry i really don't know about this Wish... my bad for wasting ur time telling about Oh! My Goddess

actually, i know a little bit about that anime from reading it from this site.... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1175
    Last edited by Tano-kun; Aug 14, 2005 at 07:38 PM.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wish

ive read 1 thru 3 never finished the series it was really good. i love those lil cat twins they were so cute.

Newbie anime_emina may be famous one day anime_emina may be famous one day anime_emina's Avatar
    Thanks

how come its so short? why only four volumes?

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Because Clamp like to write alot of short bits of fluff.
    There's a handful of manga that Clamp have done that's even shorter than Wish.

That's what Wish is really, it's fluff... but it's nice fluff.

A bit of trivia, Wish was I believe the first manga drawn exclusivly by Mick Nekoi.
    I liked it quite a bit. It's cute and sweet, and it's got enough classic Clamp undertones to make the fangirl in me smile.
    Since after all, Angels and Devils are genderless... despite what Tokyopop said.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie Piko-chan may be famous one day Piko-chan may be famous one day Piko-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

did u know that in japan, this was suppose to be a bishounen type thingy?

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish is my favorite manga .^_^. I think it's the best...just touches my heart you know? I agree it is like Oh My Goddess!, but it is all together different. That's one thing that makes it the wonderful piece of art and story that it is.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piko-chan
    did u know that in japan, this was suppose to be a bishounen type thingy?

Yes it is, Wish is mild Shounen-ai in the original Japanese version.
    Reason why? In the manga, the Angels and the Devils are genderless, referring to themselves with the gender neutral 'Watashi'
    But the way the characters are drawn, even the so called 'female' angels, are drawn in the early Clamp's signature 'male' style. Broad shoulders, long legs, tall. (Think many of the main male characters from X and RG Veda)
    Nakuru/Ruby Moon from Card Captor Sakura was also drawn this way, as in the original Japanese version of that too, 'she' was genderless, same with Yue.

Tokyopop decided to write out every single trace of the Shounen-ai subtext by changing the Angels into 'Females' and the Devils into 'Males.' Which is quite a shame really, because it's only very subtle anyway.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Aug 19, 2005 at 04:10 AM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast