Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Woman as President?

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Woman as President?

I was just looking at all the topics here about politics and was thinking how this question would be, Do you think that a woman would do better as a president? Do you think that day will ever come?

Well, to answer my own question I think that a women would be a different for the United States. I would like to think that people would have a hard time adjusting to it and we probably won't see it in my life time. Do you think that we would enter war with a women as president? I don't think so.

Well, tell me what you think.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Woman as President?

Realistically, no, I don't think it'll happen any time soon.

Why? People simply feel that women are too "emotional" or "weak" to do something as important as run a country. Even Canada's only had ONE female Prime Minister, and that was not recent. To be blunt, stereotypes are just too deeply integrated into our social fabric. Women are simply "not meant to do leadership roles" (but this is not to say I believe this - I'm all for a matriarchy.)

Personally, I think a woman would do a fine job, if she had the right personality for it, but that's how it is with any job, not just presidency. People fail to realize that women can be just as cruel, vindictive and aggressive as any man - maybe even more so. Compare female and male sports teams for instance. Women's teams are VICIOUS. And do you see a woman roll around on the ground and whine when she gets tackled or kicked or breaks a bone? No, but you see a lot of it in men's teams.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think a woman would make a good president. would the world take her and us seriously though?

Newbie Felnor may be famous one day Felnor may be famous one day Felnor's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no doubt it will happen in my lifetime and why not? However it wont happen yet as there are no realistic canditates at the minute.

As long as the president does whats best for the country (or at least attemps too) what should the gender of the person matter? The argument that women are "weak" or "too emtional" is crap. I've meet women in my life who are far stronger mentally than some guys I know. We had Thatcher for Prime Minister. She was many things but weak-minded sure as hell wasnt one of them.
    "Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Heart And You'll Never Walk Alone"

http://jadeli.proboards58.com/ - Join if you got nothing better to do!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it'll happen before a miniority becomes president.

I dunno, I just think people who vote are too set in their ways. Just like people who will never vote against their political party, no matter how stupid a job they are doing running the country. People are afraid of change. But maybe one day they will realize nothing is going to get better if they don't at least give it a try.

Then again on the other side of the coin, if a woman does go up for role as president, it might intrigue enough people to actually vote for her. I mean, if the Terminator can become the govenor of California, why can't a women become president? Makes a lot more sense to me.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys should watch "Commander In Chief" on TV.

Me, I think that a Female President of the United States would be great, who knows, she might fix all the crap that Bush screwed the pooch on.

And a note to all those who think that people who live in other countries can't have opinions about the States, well, what ever the states does, effects ALL NATIONS, and that gives us the right to say what we want.
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 15, 2005 at 12:36 PM.

voluntarily left site Alegos may be famous one day Alegos may be famous one day
    Thanks

I say "sure, why not?" if I agree with a female candidate's views more than the other candidates I'll vote for her. Just like in the 2004 election I voted for Nader, I knew he had no chance of winning, but I voted for him because I share the same political stance and ideas as he does. (after the fact I took the test at politicalcompass.org and it turns out my compass dot was almost dead on Nader's) Unfortunately, unless the female candidate is either a democrat or a republican she has absolutely no chance, apparently people are afraid to vote outside the two parties.

But anyway it's possible, hey Germany elected their first female Prime Minister (link) just recently. Then again I've been told Europeans call the US "intellectually backwards" because the population here appears to be sinking into conservatism and also becoming more religious.
    Last edited by Alegos; Oct 15, 2005 at 06:24 PM.

Newbie missy may be famous one day missy may be famous one day missy's Avatar
    Thanks

a woman as a president would probobly make a good president, but that will also probobly not happen. Most of the people think men are better of then women because they think women are weak but maybe some are but not all. It would be good to have a change but some people are just not ready.
    Signature images are limited to 450x110 pixels, please only use images of that size or smaller.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast