Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Are women better leaders

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Are women better leaders

Can women be leaders................. this question came up to me when i was reading a article about
    Are women better leaders

Well the article was saying saying this
    Women, according to Fisher, have a natural advantage in "web thinking." She and others believe that women have a greater tendency than men to take a holistic, contextual view of any issue at hand, considering a web of interrelated factors, instead of compartmentalizing problems and assessing their linear cause-effect components. For example, Fisher writes in The First Sex, "women generally look at individual social problems, such as drug abuse or teen pregnancy, and link them to broader, deeper social ills."

The rise of so many female leaders shouldn't surprise. Business Week magazine recently conducted a survey of management studies and came to this conclusion: "After years of analyzing what makes leaders most effective and figuring out who's got the Right Stuff, management gurus now know how to boost the odds of getting a great executive: Hire a female." It quoted Harvard Business School Prof. Rosabeth Moss Kanter: "Women get high ratings on exactly those skills needed to succeed in the global information age, where teamwork and partnering are so important."

Whether that is true in every case remains debatable. Carly Fiorina, a poster girl of women CEOs, has recently been struggling at Hewlett-Packard. Her supporters say that no one, man or woman, could do better at reinventing the company. Meanwhile, other women are flourishing as leaders in nontraditional roles. Entrepreneur Donna Dubinsky cofounded Palm, the hand-held computing giant, then left and cofounded its highly successful rival, Handspring. By her mid-40s, she had created two companies with a total market value of more than $37 billion. In Arizona, women have been elected to the top spots in state gov- ernment. In North Carolina, women are winning high marks as leaders of three of the state's most prestigious universities: Duke, the University of North Carolina, and North Carolina State.
    for the more go on this website http://www.usnews.com/usnews/culture...ive_006560.htm

so what do you people think, Are women better leaders

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are women better leaders

Nice question... Yes, absolutely...........woman can make great leaders. There is no doubt about it. Of course, they are better than majority of the male leaders that we have now-a-days. The article was very interesting..........you don't hear those a lot........thanks for bringing that up. And, my answer is YES. But, there are still some great men, who have a high potential to be great leaders. This doesn't mean woman can't be..............they might be even better. Give then a chance..............

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Women and men would still have faults as leaders. Albeit different ones, but faults nevertheless.
    Seduced by Flesh

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Women can be great leaders in a lot of areas....and other areas ....Men....It all depends on what they are leading.....

But for the most part Women can be Better leaders In MOST situations...Just those few situations where men rule that the Women can't touch...

And some areas Women Dominate where Men can't touch...........

Did I make any sense?????
    I'm gettin sick and my head is pounding and vrry dizzy....I tried to explain my thoughts as clear as I could think them....

Thanks Pyroo. :]

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh women can be better leaders in any political, economical, social position available, but it is really hard for women to be in any high position in our society of men.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Are women better leaders

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    Women can be great leaders in a lot of areas....and other areas ....Men....It all depends on what they are leading.....

But for the most part Women can be Better leaders In MOST situations...Just those few situations where men rule that the Women can't touch...

And some areas Women Dominate where Men can't touch...........

Did I make any sense?????
    I'm gettin sick and my head is pounding and vrry dizzy....I tried to explain my thoughts as clear as I could think them....
    ok...i'm totally with the idea, too....hey, some new things are good so i think we should give it a try....

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

I apologize if this somewhat does not relate to the subject, but I heard that women are good with the conflicts of intellect, but if they are in a fight like one with another girl, they will never end their rivalry. A man are only average in intellect, but end problems easily such as if a man hated another man, they would probably solve this with violence, and whatever the conclusion, both men would probably leave the other alone for a while. My outlook on what I heard is that women are smart as leaders, but can't end rivalries very well, and men are only average at being smart, but can make some rivalries depart for a acceptable amount time. I think both sides of men and women can be better than the other depending on what kind of leadership you want.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

no. simply put it all depends on the person
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast