Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Are women better leaders

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are women better leaders

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    I like how not only are you arguing against the stereotypes given to women by sexist males, but you're helping the stereotypes live on as well. "The common stereotypes have to vanish" yet you said yourself that a husband gets to go out and have a career while his wife stays at home raising the kids. "Due to women's role as a mother...."
    Sounds like you're fighting against yourself, chief. I've got a special word for you people.
    that went to the point of "women being made out of men." stereotype vs stereotype because no one knows the truth. no one will ever know if woman is a better leader than a man because women haven't been able to move into the really influencial positions of the world yet. women recieved the right to vote in america in the 1920's..... talk about justice in a male dominated world... i have a word for you
    Last edited by FallenAngel; Nov 24, 2005 at 10:09 PM.

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Both to me are capable of doing both good and bad to varying degrees. It’s not what’s between a persons legs that defines this but rather what’s in the core of there heart. As for leadership, I’ve meet many people who I thought where very smart and would have made good leaders had they chose that path. That being said I’ve also meet people who are so stupid that I prey they never come into even the slightest leadership role.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    that went to the point of "women being made out of men." stereotype vs stereotype because no one knows the truth. no one will ever know if woman is a better leader than a man because women haven't been able to move into the really influencial positions of the world yet. women recieved the right to vote in america in the 1920's..... talk about justice in a male dominated world... i have a word for you
    Bullcrap.

You have a chip on your shoulder so huge you can't see anything but yourself. Many of the greatest leaders of history and many current leaders are women. Your trash talk is simply reverse discrimination. You paint yourself with the same brush you try and spread on the rest of the world. Pot meet kettle. I have always been aware that people will judge others based on what they themselves believe but you strive to take it to whole new levels.

Stop and think for one minute and then start naming influential woman in todays society. It shouldn't be that hard. Perhaps some of the people here will help you out by naming some of them for you. I'll start with Margaret Thatcher and let the others go from there.

The point isn't whether women are in leadership roles, that is now a forgone conclusion, it is whether they are better at it then men.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Bullcrap.

You have a chip on your shoulder so huge you can't see anything but yourself. Many of the greatest leaders of history and many current leaders are women. Your trash talk is simply reverse discrimination. You paint yourself with the same brush you try and spread on the rest of the world. Pot meet kettle. I have always been aware that people will judge others based on what they themselves believe but you strive to take it to whole new levels.

Stop and think for one minute and then start naming influential woman in todays society. It shouldn't be that hard. Perhaps some of the people here will help you out by naming some of them for you. I'll start with Margaret Thatcher and let the others go from there.

The point isn't whether women are in leadership roles, that is now a forgone conclusion, it is whether they are better at it then men.
    WOW!!! Very well said-----Arrianna-garu. I, completely, concur with your reasoning. Reading your rebuttals always enlightens me more. I would say Mother Teresa, if that counts. Woman should definitely be given a chance to prove themselves. That is all they need.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 25, 2005 at 09:52 AM.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Basically, it all matters on WHO is ruling and not WHAT is in their pants. i just try to defend the men who DON'T feel that way and the men who aren't like that. i think it's unfair that women can trash talk men as much as they want, and thought it's true sometimes, i want to speak for the good "guys" (eheh, pun) cuz my Darling is a good guy.

Man makes house, Woman makes the home; but without one, there cannot be the other.

to the sexist ladies who still think women are always the better leader, remember Imelda Marcos, former First Lady of Philippines.

as for GREAT female leaders:

-Queen Elizabeth I
    -Joan of Arc
    -Princess Diana
    -Harriet Tubman
    -Florence Nightingale
    -Nzingha

^_^ just becuz you don't have power doesn't mean you're not a leader
    Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Nov 25, 2005 at 01:05 AM.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

This is quite running into a flamewar. I will only state the facts: In the company I'm working for, every important (leading) position is occupied by a man. And the owner is so selfish and calculated that if it was even slightly rewarding to put a woman there, he would totally do it. Women only sit at the computers, negotiating orders. Men lead the company AND do the hard work.
    Once, a technical director's wife came onto the workplace. She was dressed expensively. She grabbed a clipper and began shooting the clips around and giggling! Some guy in the same class as me explained how it's used to connect two leaves of paper together. She attempted to repeat that clumsily. After a minute of clipping, she boasted with the new skill to the director (husband). They had a loving chat then.

So, born leaders, eh?

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    Basically, it all matters on WHO is ruling and not WHAT is in their pants. i just try to defend the men who DON'T feel that way and the men who aren't like that. i think it's unfair that women can trash talk men as much as they want, and thought it's true sometimes, i want to speak for the good "guys" (eheh, pun) cuz my Darling is a good guy.

Man makes house, Woman makes the home; but without one, there cannot be the other.

to the sexist ladies who still think women are always the better leader, remember Imelda Marcos, former First Lady of Philippines.

as for GREAT female leaders:

-Queen Elizabeth I
    -Joan of Arc
    -Princess Diana
    -Harriet Tubman
    -Florence Nightingale
    -Nzingha

^_^ just becuz you don't have power doesn't mean you're not a leader

I agee with Queen Elizabeth I, and Princess Diana. But we dont know alot about Joan of Arc. The rest i dont recognize. Florence Nightingale sounds formilure but i cat recal why.
    Last edited by Joshua001; Nov 25, 2005 at 09:35 AM.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I'm not gonna give a name or two. I'm gonna give a site and let everybody check out how many woman leaders there are.

Guide 2 Women Leaders!

So, there's your encyclopedia of past and current female leaders. Now, the question still remains, are they better leaders or not?
    A better question for me is, are they human? If the answer is yes, then no, they are not better leaders.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast