Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Greatest Rock Band

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Worlds Greatest Rock Band

for whoever mentioned dave grohl and nirvana, he has played in a total of 8 bands actually. as for the question it depends on what you count as rock. but as it seems to be a fairly open genre for this i'm gonna suggest Queen, and for you prog rock fans king crimson. like other people have siad the list could go on forever, ooo david bowie, well some of his stuff. hmmm just as a question what would you count placebo as, i wouldn't exactly say rock.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you asked me nowadays who I think is the best rock band, I'd say presently probably would be the Foo Fighters, but there are so many styles and genres of rock I cant really choose one over the many so I'll list a few who deserve nominations.

Nirvana, Led Zepplin, Guns N Roses, Van Halen (despite all the drama), Beatles, Green Day, CCR, and U2.

Newbie Zanelli may be famous one day Zanelli may be famous one day Zanelli's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm yea, Foo Fighters and My Chemical Romance are nowhere near the greatest.

As many people have said the classics are so much better...Alice Copper, Queen, Black Sabbath and such.

There's also allot of new bands much better as well.

Rock is a very large genre that has too many good bands to pick out one band above others.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm i have an idea, as we're not going to get one greatest rock band, why don't we put out top ten. mine would have to be (in no particular order)
    1) queen
    2) david bowie
    3) foo fighters
    4) king crimson
    5) black sabbath
    6) metallica
    7) alice cooper
    8) sweet
    9) pink floyd
    10) led zeplin
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie lilith may be famous one day lilith may be famous one day lilith's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to say that just a randomme sprinkling of my personla faves would have to include:
    The almighty Black Sabbath
    Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zepelin
    King Crimson
    Queen
    Foo Fighters
    The WHO!!!

Oh ye gods, my mind has gone blank, I may have to edit this later when I remember the others......
    mmmmm....nice young men...

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks

well i'm glad Queen got a mention

i also like Dire straits (a bit iffy if you class them as Rock or pop) and some fleetward mac as some of my fave top rock bands.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe I forgot Queen...they are definitly up there as well.

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

Led Zeppelin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast