Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worm Holes

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks

Worm Holes

Ok, so there was the thread on time travel, and we've all discussed it a bit.

But it got me thinking of the use of worm holes. There are two different theories on what worm holes are that I've heard of; both admit that they are tears in space, but one says that they're "short cuts" through space, and the other says that they are gateways to other demensions.

I believe that we would be able to use worm holes long before we are able to travel through time. It is excepted by scientists that worm holes exist.

But anyway, I was just curious on what your thoughts of what worm holes are, and what they could be used for, or if you even think we will be able to use them.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think their holes in space that take u into a particle accelerator and tear u apart little by little...atom to atom....until u die slowly cuz u produce so many cells....so then u would b in an endlessly seeming abyss for what seems to be an eternity cuz every waking moment ur being teared to bits while ur frozen....ouch! But i could be wrong u know
    Last edited by Boo45; Jan 06, 2005 at 08:58 PM.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love this topic and always find theories on time travel & such highly intriguing. Altho....as a people...i REALLY dont think humans should EVER mess with the actual possibilities of worm holes & time travel. If we can't find the cure for the common cold i shudder to think what might happen to us if something backfired and went horribly awry. Even if we were able to travel to different dimensions/ time periods....our minds more than likely couldnt handle it. Remember how crazy Bruce Willis was in 12 Monkeys, remember why? That's what im talking about. But i can't lie it would facinate me beyond beleif if we actually perfected a way to do this. I'd be worried, but amazed nonetheless

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    I think their holes in space that take u into a particle accelerator and tear u apart little by little...atom to atom....until u die slowly cuz u produce so many cells....so then u would b in an endlessly seeming abyss for what seems to be an eternity cuz every waking moment ur being teared to bits while ur frozen....ouch! But i could be wrong u know

Well Im Staying away from them then...
    I think they are rip's in space that will send you end to a void there you would just set until you died... unless you found the exit.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think someone needs to watch some Stargate. That whole show is based off the wormhole theory. Good stuff. But yeah we'll have worm hole technology far before time travel.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ever read the book timeline (movie didnt do it justice at all) It has all sorts of interesting info on quantum science and parallel dimensions. In the book they accidently make a wormhole to another dimension the only difference with this dimension is that its 600 yrs behind ours.

I learned in physics class that there was an experiment with light beams and how the particles all bounce off eachother to spread the light around, and then they sent just one particle through but it still bounced randomly around because particles from parallel dimensions still slightly effected it... weird stuff.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    I think someone needs to watch some Stargate. That whole show is based off the wormhole theory. Good stuff. But yeah we'll have worm hole technology far before time travel.
    T-T i love stargate
    But still if a wormhole opened up near my house.... I think that i wouldn't just walk in... I'd have a huge base with people to check it for me... so if they'd get hurt i'd no not to go in....

Nah... i'd probably just jump in =)
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I also thought the theory used in Donnie Darko was interesting and strangely (darkly) a more realistic twist to the time travel/wormhole phenomenon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast