Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: is it worth it? (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question is it worth it? (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

recently ive been looking into the anime series evangelion, its supposed to be really good and i live in a country where very few channels ever show any sort of anime, and i was going to buy it but i dont really know anything about it so can anybody out theres give me some input on wether its worth buying or not?

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh please what kind of question is that, of course you should buy it. I havent seen it myself but to everyone i asked it is a masterpiece, The series went down in history as one of the most best anime ever. To some it still is!
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Neon Genesis Evangelion is on the short list of MUST SEE Anime series, However, it is not recommened as an 'Introductory' anime series. A beginner in the art of anime may come away with the impression that all anime series have such a twisted sadistic plot, and emotionally disfunctional teenage characters. EVA still has the well earned title as one of the most controversial anime series ever made...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Neon Genesis Evangelion is on the short list of MUST SEE Anime series, However, it is not recommened as an 'Introductory' anime series. A beginner in the art of anime may come away with the impression that all anime series have such a twisted sadistic plot, and emotionally disfunctional teenage characters. EVA still has the well earned title as one of the most controversial anime series ever made...
    I would have to agree with this even tho I haven't seen it I hear its good but might want to watch other animes first before trying to see that on

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    NGE is 100% crap and I advise against anyone having to suffer through it.

However since my opinion, though correct (), is in the minority, you may want to watch it just to shut up the hordes of delusional fans who will say with disbelief, "You've never seen Eva?????"
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, is one of the best, if i were you i would do it.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Evangelion is one of the best animes ever. If possible, just try to grab the first DVD before you splurge and get the whole set to see if it is your bag. Eva sets should be cheap now used that a lot of the people who owned the old DVD's are replacing them with the Platinum edition DVD's.

If someone says it isn't good, they are wrong.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive

If someone says it isn't good, they are wrong.

Nope. I'm 100% correct that I thought the series was shit.

This illustrates some of the controversy around NGE. There is a large group of people like dark_glaive who loved the series. On the flip side there is a large group of people (like myself) who didn't like the series. Before you go and drop huge coin on an 8-DVD box set head to your local rental emporium and rent the first disk. Just about every Blockbuster in the universe carries the first disk of the series and I'm sure that any rental outfit that claims to carry anime will have it also. If you love the show, open the wallet. If you hate it, you'll only be out the few quid you paid in rental.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast