Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it? (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    EVA is a fair anime I am not totally into the giant robots but a series with teenagers up to their eyes in strange problems and petty love affairs. I was compelled to buy the entire series in manga (collectors edition^^) and I am working to buy all of the platinum series anime. Its worth buying the books, the dvd's well..... that depends on your aquired tastes.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you want to see it, just buy it or rent it.

Newbie Kakashi is my world may be famous one day Kakashi is my world may be famous one day Kakashi is my world's Avatar
    Thanks
    Neon Genesis Evanglion is great me and my sisters love it

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    EVA is the serious comic in the newspaper that people would skip. Involved story (possibly deep) that you have to keep up on. Slow moments that add to the plot aren't uncommon. Not a mecha anime and not exactly a harem anime. Very contemplative of existence. I find it highly re-watchable for the understanding factor (oh... THAT's what happened!). I agree that a second hand copy from eBay, etc. may be a good bet for purchase. And the first disc is pretty slow, but you wouldn't really follow the second disc unless you'd seen the first. Definitely don't buy the movie; it's a rework of the ending to the series!

Otaku deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess may be famous one day deidre_the_goddess's Avatar
    i came from a place no one has ever gone..
    Thanks
    neon genesis evangelion is really a MUST SEE anime. if i were you i'd go for it....
    i've seen some of it but not the whole package.... and guess?!?!?
    its totally amazing....

Newbie GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI's Avatar
    Thanks
    dude evangelion is the latest addition to my anime collection and i am in love with it. it is true that it isnt an introductory anime but when u become an intermediate then you should buy it ASAP.NERV all the way VV()()7...!

Newbie Rei_Ayanami03 may be famous one day Rei_Ayanami03 may be famous one day Rei_Ayanami03's Avatar
    Thanks
    Neon Genesis Evangelion.

There's very few anime series out there that pwn it. It was one of the first and most controversial animes dubbed and released in America. It came out in 1992 and its still going strong. I recently finished the seiries via Netflix and i'm waiting for all the platniums to come out so I can buy them all at once. It truly is an classic anime masterpiece. I'm also reading the manga. ((no, im not obsessed...)) lol.
    ::I'm the one for whom nothing is going to change.::

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Correction..... it came out in 1994. Ended in 1995... and the movies came out in 1997.
    Gainax are currently doing a 10th anniversary style thing for Evangelion at the moment. I'm not sure what, but I've seen some new artwork by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto floating around the net.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast