Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it? (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love the series and the movies, and we ALL know how much Zui Quan loves them but yeah i cant get enough of em.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    I love the series and the movies, and we ALL know how much Zui Quan loves them but yeah i cant get enough of em.

Well I also think Inuyasha and Wolf's Rain are a waste of time and people still watch those. My tastes are different.

Something positive I WILL say about NGE is that it has the most dedicated fanfiction writers of any series or movie.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm it's a bit weird and if you were one of the lucky people to get video 13 before it was replaced by the two movies you'll know that. i would say that it is a brilliant anime but it does mess with your head, i would suggest buying and watching it all in one go, leaving it for a week and then watch again but not all in one go.
    unfortunately for me it was the first anime i saw, and i took to it and became obsessed about it for around a year. i would say that it's probably best to start with rahxephon and then go on to evangelion as they're very similar but rahxephon isn't so harsh to the mind.
    Last edited by deaths_raver667; Apr 17, 2005 at 01:33 PM.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, just to put my opinion into this little thread...

I am probably one of a VERY, VERY small number who prefer the Movies to Eps 26-27 (I think... it's been a while). The eps 26-27 really were just BS IMHO, and didn't do much of anything (yes, I tend to lean towards action... just slightly).

Oh, yeah. Skip "Death". Pointless filler. Just a recap of the series in a different light. Granted, I watched it twice, but I love NGE .

I would suggest the Manga, as it is more... "sanitized" IMHO. By "sanitized" I mean it's a LOT easier to turn away from a manga not disgusted rather than an anime which features eating of insides... and pecking of eyes *cough*movies*cough*.

But if you watch NGE, expect to spend a LOT of time watching stills... or what might as WELL be stills (gotta love the minute-long image of Asuka and Rei in the elevator).

But yeah, and there are inclinations that the Manga will go for a LOT longer time-span than the Anime (They're already on Kaworu).

I do think you should watch this if you have plenty of free time and enjoy walking around the school/work/house wringing your hands around an imaginary Shinji's neck . Stupid whiner. "Hey, lookie, I pilot a big-a** mech, and I kill things threatening the world. Yes, that's right, I cry if I don't get a morning 'ohayo' from my father..."
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Newbie badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil may be famous one day badslildevil's Avatar
    Thanks
    -clings to NGE DVDs- Yes. Yes it is SO worth it. It was *one* of the first anime I watched (I watched Death and Rebirth, which I REALLY liked but it confused me so then I got the all the other DVDs... yeah....) and it was a big part of what got me hooked to anime and manga... I'm thinking of starting the manga series of it, but I'm not totally sure, but if anyone here has read it I'd love to hear what you think! ^^ But anyway, yeah Evangelion is totally worth it (even if the movie still kind of confuses me... whatever, that might be cuz I'm a retard... whatEVER!)
    I LOOOOVE YAOI!!! w00t!! YEAH! GOOO BUMDARTS! Haha! That's my word, by the way. Don't steal it or I'll sick my yakuza squirrel army on j00!!

Newbie Walrus898 may be famous one day Walrus898 may be famous one day Walrus898's Avatar
    Thanks
    I only resently finished evangelion but it its amazing and i would recamend it to anyone who is interested in anime. It is a trip

Newbie GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI may be famous one day GeNdO_IkArI's Avatar
    Thanks
    i would have to say that the ending was pretty bad, but i dont think i could turn it away just cause of the ending.......but i like it oveall and i would watch it any time any where.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I haven't seen all the episodes but i am buying the platinum editions and is really cool!!! i love it!! i did watch a few years back on what was then called TMX or somthing i think (andiishere might remember that).
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast