Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Would u join the navy... why or why not?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Would u join the navy... why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by andiishere
    i would't join any!!! simply bcause i'm not american!

also there a re religous reasons too.. for instance killing is wrong no matter who it is.
    That's true but not everyone kills. My job in the Army was CIS all I did was troubleshooting.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if I have posted here before but forget the navy join the Air Force....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Sabishii_Mitsukai may be famous one day Sabishii_Mitsukai may be famous one day Sabishii_Mitsukai's Avatar
    Thanks

i would NEVER in my life join the navy. ecspecially not for a stupid dummy ass slow chuko president. and besides. wars are dumb and pointless. there not the answer
    The maximum dimnsions for an image in your signature is 110 pixels high and 450 pixels wide, please find an image which complies with this.
    -WOO fat PRIDE BABII!! i wana get that book
    **luv ya roldie, and no im not a gold digga**

Otaku Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern's Avatar
    Thanks

hm...no..do you know what happens to guys in the navy..................

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont wanna join any type of military branch, but if I had to the Navy would be the one I'd go to. Its easier for one thing and I've had a few family members serve before so it wouldnt be somethign completely new either.

Newbie ~/|D.a.r.k..D.e.m.o.n|\~ may be famous one day ~/|D.a.r.k..D.e.m.o.n|\~ may be famous one day ~/|D.a.r.k..D.e.m.o.n|\~'s Avatar
    Thanks

How bout you guys here it from an actual United States Sailor! (yes, I am a proud mutha f-er!) It's by far the greatest idea I've ever went through on. Every military force teaches you responcibility and maturity right in bootcamp, the pay and benifits are outstanding, and you get job experience you can't get anywhere else, not to mention everything you see.

make no mistake about it, however. we may be a bunch of men and women who work aboard ships, but we are the military. we are in the business of killing people, people with moms and dads and sons and daughters. my job is to repair equipment. equipment that tells where the "bad guys" are, so we can tell our fellow combat forces where to go and kill them.

i noticed someone said that they wouldn't go navy because navy is too soft, they'd rather go marines, that "the navy is the same as the army and the airforce" or something like that. true, the marines are hardcore (i just got done sparring with a bunch of em in our barracks courtyard. ouch *winces*) but that doesn't mean they're the only important ones. airforce, and i don't mean to offend anyone, is a joke. six weeks of bootcamp, low physical fitness standards, and they don't do shit on base. Oh yeah, and check this out. We have CHAIRFORCE personnel at NAS Pensacola NATTC and they get special pay because 1) our barracks are not up to their living standards (no carpet or refridgerator) and 2) they have to live in the same barracks as marines. buncha wimps (wanted to say "P" word, but i'll be nice ) the navy and army boot camps are on the same par, along with the coast guard. and the navy being to soft? son, the marines may sleep in the dirt in a warzone, but living in a berthing with 50-100 other men with 5 hrs of sleep at night (at best) working your job, then standing watches, then doing some other pointless job (like working in the scullery) is tough. especially if your an airman working on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier in the persian gulf at 120 degrees outside. no joke

and rook, about the SEALS, few things you should know. SEALS only take certain rates, or jobs, so ask a recruiter about what rates they accept. one out of five is being a little generous, it's more like one out of eight make it. now, training is no joke. the first month is like marine boot camp times 10, and you better be able to run 4 miles on sand in combat boots in under 25 minutes. no joke. the other five months is combat training, includeing SEAR school, where you spend a week as a POW. a week you will spend cold, wet, hungry, sleep deprived, and beaten. yes, beaten. the instructors ARE allowed to break up to two bones on captured personnel, and i can go ahead and tell ya the first one will be a rib. so be ready

anyways, if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me, i'd be more than happy to provide information or give you the email address of peer or senior personnel i work with. hope to hear from a lot of people!

CTMSR Arwood, Philip G.
    United States Navy

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, personal family experience has disillusioned me about the military, therefore I have no intention of joining any branch of the military, although if you are marine, then technically you are in the navy because the marines are sub-branch of the navy. so its a mute point; the experience was that my cousin was a marine sniper in Bosnia and the military basically ****ed his retirement and mishandled his operation papers, he was actually supposed to be in Okinawa while he was in the shit hole of Bosnia, so the military can go **** themselves. That and the military has some of the worst commanding officers; they take too damn long to come to a decisive decision. Also, I wouldn't want to go through what my cousin did, he suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, for about a year any time he would walk into a building he would always sit or walk along a wall with his back to it. He also used to have night terrors about what he experienced in Bosnia.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Sep 18, 2005 at 04:37 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada may be famous one day Captcanada's Avatar
    well this could be a stretch but i think im in a house
    Thanks

i would join the marines or somehting because i love my country....both of them!!
    OH CANADA MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND!!! *although i live in NOR CAL
    To all u Rockers out there... Rock on
    AO Fan Clan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast