Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wth?

Banned ArchAngel may be famous one day ArchAngel may be famous one day
    Thanks

Wth?

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...lery.php?cat=2

You do not have permission to view the images in this category.

Why not???
    I know I've been there before, what happened?

Thanks

Re: Wth?

Does it have to do with this becoming a senior member thing I just noticed in the stickies??
    Why isn't this covered in the FAQ (which I did glance over to see if this was explained) seems like this is a perfect thing to stick in there...
    So you have to post 500 times before your allowed to see the wallpapers? What's the point of that?

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel
    What's the point of that?

Its so that people don't just come here to steal wallpapers, you have to actually become an active member, instead of just getting access right away, its fair.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Thanks

What do you mean steal? Isn't the whole the point of posting a wallpaper to the internet so other people can download it? Seems rather counter to the whole point of calling it a wallpaper if you don't want anyone to be able to use it as such.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

thats a good point as well, but i think the meaning behind it, isn't that no one can use it, but just the people in the active AO community can use it. Either way it's to ensure in a way, that people know that thier work can only be used by people who (should) appreciate the work seeing as how they need to have at least a remote interest in anime to become an active member.

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, people post their art here for comments and advice from sources they trust (because of the members standing point) won't steal their work and call it their own... its really not that hard of a rule to follow, I mean if you're interested in becoming a member of this community then it shouldn't mater how long it takes you to veiw whatever, if you're just here for the art, in my opinion, you should leave...
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Also, people post their art here for comments and advice from sources they trust (because of the members standing point) won't steal their work and call it their own... its really not that hard of a rule to follow, I mean if you're interested in becoming a member of this community then it shouldn't mater how long it takes you to veiw whatever, if you're just here for the art, in my opinion, you should leave...
    I made several comments on peoples art last time I was here. How does having more posts make someone else's comments more reasonable than mine?
    How does making people post to the forums ensure they won't claim the work as their own? I have many pictures from here that I've never claimed as my own.

And yes, I am here mainly for the art work. But why does that matter?
    I go to museums mainly for the art work. Should one be required read books about and write reviews of the painters before they're allowed admittance?

It still seems rather inane to create something for public use but limit who can see it based on whether or not they feel the need to talk about quite likely totally unrelated topics on a forum that is only related to the art in question by the people that are hosting it.

What I mean is how does talking about

What race I am
    What is your race?
    If ghosts scare me
    DO ghosts scare you?
    Or what I would do if the third world war broke out
    What would you do if 3rd world war starts?

Make me qualified to simply view a wallpaper????

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

1) Do not double post
    2) The post limit is there to stop leechers from joining AO just for the gallery. AO is a FORUM.
    3) When you think a thread is violating AO rules (e.g. spam threads) you should report them using the report button or by sending a PM to the qualified moderator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast