Thread: X/1999

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

Question X/1999

I just got through with 10manga from the series and it doesn't tell you if there are more or how many there are left! I know that the 10th book shouldn't be the last. Do any of you know anything about this???
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: X/1999

As far as I know, X is an ongoing manga still, Clamp kinda puts out a chapter whenever.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

There are 18 volumes so far released in book form and VIZ have released all of these 18 volumes in English. Volume 18 has Nataku on the cover.

The thing with X is that Clamp actually put it on hiatus nearly 3 years ago (If I've gotten my dates and info right, I get it confussed with my favourite manga also on a current 2+ year hiatus)
    Anyway... basically, Clamp haven't put out a chapter of X since they begun doing Tsubasa and XXXHolic (which was quite a long time ago)
    One of the rumoured reasons is that Clamp artist Mokona Apapa has been suffering server pain in her hands so they put X on hiatus until she recovers.
    That's only a rumour through.

Bottom line is that while Clamp have mentioned that they haven't abandoned the series, it is still on hiatus until they have to will to finish it.
    Which could mean it might be finished anytime within the next 1 - 10 years.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

wooo ten years!!! Thankies guyz
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    One of the rumoured reasons is that Clamp artist Mokona Apapa has been suffering server pain in her hands so they put X on hiatus until she recovers.
    That's only a rumour through.
    I know earlier this year that the artist for XXXHolic and Tsubasa, Nekoi, had severe hand pains and had to put serialization of those two brands on hold, however she has since then recovered and is back to work with them.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I heard that too.
    Well... the Clamp members are getting older so this thing is not suprising really.

Even through the art in Tsubasa and XXXHolic are getting better and better all the time, it's still no where near as detailed as the art in X. Which is partly why X is/was serialised in Asuka magazine (which is monthy) and probably why the hiatus is as long as it is.

I also think that part of the reason why X has taken as long as it has to come out of it's hiatus is not only Apapa's hand pain, but the fact that the series is very close to it's end (possibly only 1 volume away if you go by the tarot cards) and Clamp possibly might not know how to finish it.
    They did leave the series on a massive cliffhanger too, which just screams 'the end' too me. WE'll just have to keep waiting.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"