Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    definitely echoeing what you just said. People swear their lives away to something that so far is just paper and ink and some rinky game "idea" on a development kit somewhere.

And yes definitely the sony camp is the way to go for RPG's. I do see a couple with promise on the 360. I dont know about that enchanted arms but the one "Blue Dragon" which actually has characters designs by the dragonball creator definitely looks to be something of interest as the one creating the game is of squareenix fame and used to work on Final Fantasy titles. So he knows his stuff with RPGs. Have to keep an eye on that one. But overall I think the next Sony will still have way more RPG's. Especially in Japan

notice the others didn't post anything? its because that one sentence mantra of theres only works once and they are busy reading ign and gamespot to pretend they actually know something now and will come back in a week to post it only they'll get it wrong and still screw it up heh
    Ah man, too hilarious.
    Truth rocks our jocks!
    Like my single sentence mantra? I've been workin' on that.
    To stay with the subject though, I've been able to stick with one or two RPGs for the life of my console when I had a PS2 and with my XBox now. That Blue Dragon game, though I haven't seen or heard much about it, looks like enough for me to get through 4 years on or so. With the PS2 I played FFIX for friggin' a year-and-a-half and then finally finished it to have the console crap out on me. Now I've been fine with Jade Empire on the XBox. RPGs can be everlasting, not much reason to invest the time necessary to beat 5-10 different ones like some people. I'd have to start scheduling my life around it!

P.S. I didn't even have to read IGN or gamespot. Import Racer! magazine keeps havin' these friggin' articles about the new "gaming revolution" and crap. Kinda pisses me off that they wasted 3-8 pages of what could've been tuner info on video game news. It gives me my info though. This gaming crap is EVERYWHERE!
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Sep 23, 2005 at 09:42 PM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku Hokuro may be famous one day Hokuro may be famous one day Hokuro's Avatar
    Thanks

Hokuro-your comment is just fanboy nonsense and not worth directly replying too. Not to mention spam to which breaks the rules and will lead to your public bashing at a future date

The Xbox360 and PS3 at the end of the day are almost identical in overall potential. They both give and take on specs. Its going to come down to the games. Almost all of which both systems will have minus each has a set of exclusives. Overall I think PS3 will continue to dominate this next generation IF they can keep the price down. However Xbox 360 will gain some ground and be a strong 2nd. Sony has its name to sell systems on for awhile and as long as the hardware holds up and it keeps the large list of 3rd party support they can continue to hold the majority of the market. But majority doesn't mean that other systems are total trash. Far from it.

Anyone doubting the abilities of what all the 360 can do is not only a fool but showing their ignorance of not knowing anything about the system. In fact you probably know nothing about the PS3 and only chant because its another sony console. pathetic

comments like "Sony will rock our jocks. I give the Xbox 360 Two thumbs down"
    show that some people are merely brand whores who know nothing backed by facts and merely rant a mantra that they can't prove. You know what MGS4 on the PS3 looks absolutely stunning! know what else, the 360 could probably run the damn game just as much. So what are you babbling about. However exclusives like this will be what determines the choice for people only going with one or the other. When you have other choices like Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War which are only on the 360 and not to mention are so killer looking that if you denied yourself the gaming goodness of them well you my friends are not true gamers and dont look for great games but just reasons to bitch online at any forum that will listen to you. Its called "cutting off your nose despite your face" for those who haven't heard the saying. For most of us we'll be getting BOTH systems so we dont miss out on any of the exclusives.

Anyone with an HDTV will tell you even currently that technically the Xbox is better. Proofs in the games for me. Even though I have more ps2 since I got my HD I've been playing the xbox more simply because games look better at 480p. Which almost all Xbox games are at and only 14 or so PS2 games are even in.
    The next generation wont be a problem as both systems will at the least support 720p for all games which is great news.

See these are called details backing up an opinion. Rather than drivel like "Microsoft Pwns you" or "Sony rules the world"

yeah if that were true both companies wouldn't be losing so much money in other areas but they do because well they aren't invulnerable or godly you twits.

Sorry but these fanboy comments have got to stop and some of you need to f'in grow up or else unhook your internet and live in your closet. Your already doing that only your jumping on the net and trying to make the rest of us as single minded and tunnel visioned as yourselves.

oh and for anyone thinking I'm "picking sides" I spend most of my work days on the planetxbox360.com forums nagging those people about dogging sony. So trust me I'm not choosing one over the other. They do nothing but dog sony just like this thread is dogging Microsoft but you know what I'm right there in their faces on a site you wouldn't expect to find a sony fan and I'm telling them the same truths. Fanboyism is a trend that should die a horrible death. Dont be a cog in the gears of a companies brand brainwashing. Be a smart consumer and make your choices based on the facts
    My deepest apoligy, Cybergig. What I ment to say is that In my opinion & my opinion alone, the Sony company will have compettition with microsoft, but in standards it will still come through. If I'm wrong please correct me, but has'nt Sony been out longer?
    AO SEX LEGEND ...turn the page...

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Er... XBox360's comin' out first.
    And uh... Microsoft vs. Sony. I don't know the facts, but I've gotta think that Microsoft's been around longer than Sony.
    To clarify, Microsoft as in the company. Not Microsoft in terms of a console. That one goes to Nintendo I'm sure.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Sep 23, 2005 at 09:56 PM.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

THANK you so much Hokuro I think you just gave me back some belief that not all is lost in the world! (I'm not being a sarcastic ass I promise)

anyways yes sony has been out quite awhile with a console (10 years to be exact when the 1st Playstation came out)

however you could say the oldest still around console maker is of course Nintendo (well not say its the truth)

Back when Sony first came out remember people completely dogged it and said it would NEVER work. Then they blew the doors off gaming forever.

Now taking that into account MIcrosoft was in the same boat. Only their first attempt was hendered by an expensive to make console.

So yes due to its time in the gaming market many will in fact buy sony because its a name they've known longer. But I do encourage many who aren't familiar with the xbox360 to check it out. One thing about it that its got going is a market lead with its release. You can play next gen games this christmas as opposed to waiting till next Spring or even next fall for the PS3. But again to make the best decision that fits YOUR needs always go with the games you can't go wrong with that, all I want is for people to give other consoles a chance and not let other things like their friends etc influence them in their decision making process.

my only real gripe has been so many people hating one console or the other for no reason other than its not "sony" or its not "microsoft" they dont care what the other one can do they simply want the name. Which is just a shame

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry man u didnt have to bite my head off gig
    my parents were checking it out because they want a new system and they told me that

I still think that Sony will have the upper hand though

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

I love to pick on you Zackraa you know that

but yeah head to ign.com and you can read up on the full details. Its kinda complicated in that not 100% of all the older games will be available to play at launch. What they are doing is preloading a lot of emulators on the HDD and are going to update them via live (you dont have to have a Gold live account which costs 50 dollars you can just use the free silver service to download them) so eventually most games if not all will work. Right now they are guaranteeing that the best selling games will work. So things like Halo2 yada yada you wouldn't have a problem with out of the box

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    I love to pick on you Zackraa you know that
    thats good to hear man I was starting to think I was next in line to get banned

thx for the info we had money awhile back but now we dont oh well
    we are think of getting a flat PS2 though

Thanks

Since Nintendo was brought up, though it may be a little off-subject...
    How the hell is that Revolution controller supposed to go over with consumers?! Also, how would a 3rd-party company go about improving on that? Wouldn't they have to stick with the "basic"/default controller comin' out with the Revolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    thats good to hear man I was starting to think I was next in line to get banned

thx for the info we had money awhile back but now we dont oh well
    we are think of getting a flat PS2 though
    Please don't torture yourself with the flat PS2. Get the original PS2. The slim PS2 has a tendency to burn up, though I'm not sure if they fixed that, and it doesn't play friggin' PS1 games. What's up with that?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast