Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XBox 360: Crackdown

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

XBox 360: Crackdown

Riot Act is a futuristic, next generation, Online Grand Theft Auto. You play as a super-human agent assigned to take out the filth that has starting filling up all corners of your city. The city's thousands of gangsters have grouped together into three criminal organizations: Cai-Shen Corp, an Asian gang that uses hitmen to extract revenge, The Volk, a Russian gang that specializes in guns, and La Muerta, a Spanish group that loves cars. Your overall goal as an agent is to defeat the bosses of these organizations, bringing peace to the city.
    -IGN.com
    Has anybody seen the screenshots and/or heard more than is here about this game? It looked like it was still in Beta testing or so, however the simple fact that it showed and said that absolutely every building in the game is able to be scaled:
    Using the environment, it is possible to scale every building in the game.
    -GameInformer Magazine
    With that, they also had screenshots of a completely populated environment from street-level to high-rise roof. It looks sweet as far as graphics and environment go, but another Grand Theft Auto type game (gangbangin', car theft, etc.) with a super-human twist and "Fable-style" character development?... Hmmm...
    Anyhow, different gangs have different styles and methods of operation and "life on the street is randomly generated to ensure variation." If nothing else, it will be worth a rental.
    What's your opinion on yet another GTA-style shoot 'em up game? How about the added super-human features (one of which, that I know of, is picking up and throwing vehicles)?
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Re: XBox 360: Crackdown

Ufff, you lucky that NR (nintendso revulotion) is not compitin with x360 and ps3 he seriosly can kick but.^~^
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

What the...? He who?
    Ya lost me.
    EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhh... I think I get it... Nintendo Revolution = he. Word. I doubt Nintendo Revolution with their funky controller could handle this game. Ya never know, though, ya never know.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Oct 03, 2005 at 04:58 PM.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

if you mean nintendo btw they already announced they aren't competing because they can't. They already announced their hardware wont be as high end as the other two. So your statement about "he" kicking but is incorrect.

btw next time learn to spell and form coherant sentences or we wont bother reading your posts. Thats absolutely ridiculous

on topic there are a few pics Agent Orange but they are crap right now. you can tell the game just started in the development process. Could be months before you see much on that title

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks

What the...? He who?
    Ya lost me.

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhh... I think I get it... Nintendo Revolution = he. Word. I doubt Nintendo Revolution with their funky controller could handle this game. Ya never know, though, ya never know.

arr thats the problem with NR nintendo has 64,381 protest they have to do something about the stinky controller.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''

Thanks

Damn it Gig. I was expecting a post about this game that was worth reading out of you more than anyone else. I know it's fun to make fun of nearly illiterate children, but give me an opinion on the game! Just for that... <-- BAM! Word. Lol

Here's more to read:
    Similar to GTA, Crackdown apparently features a massive playing area within which the player is given complete freedom of movement. Numerous driveable vehicles feature, of course, and it's suggested that we'll be able to fully explore buildings, with the city also populated by a huge number of characters and witnessing full day and night cycles.

Other details appearing on the game reveal a Fable-style character development system with the improvement of the agent's capabilities determined by actions taken (and, incidentally, it appears you'll be able to select your character's sex and customise their appearance, presumably at the beginning of the game). Plus, it's also stated that strategies other than full-on violence can be employed to help you achieve the agent's main goal - cutting off supply lines to weaken criminal organisations is an example given. This should certainly prove interesting from a tactical point of view and implies that not just the lead character but the game world too will be dynamic. Well, at least to a certain extent anyway.
    -Computer and Video Games http://www.computerandvideogames.com...(que)id=126572

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

well like I said at the end of my post the games probably 10% into development so really not much to talk about except what they "hope" to do with it. And like I said the pictures floating around xboxplanet are well........crap. So give it more time way too early to get hyped about something that early thats not really got much to show yet. Too many other good games with real info out

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks

Damn it Gig. I was expecting a post about this game that was worth reading out of you more than anyone else. I know it's fun to make fun of nearly illiterate children, but give me an opinion on the game! Just for that... <-- BAM! Word. Lol

Here's more to read:

well crackdown don't know how but in my island in EBG there are some pictures about the game and hallo 3 like awesome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast