Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xbox 360 multimedia (new music playback in games ect)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    True. No loss for the customers, just the companies. Wifi has been used alot this time around, but really, what can 360 do with a PSP being "compatable" to it anyway? I don't see any opportunity to make Sony lose money just by having their portable being compatable.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah I mean they only make it sound like it would pull the data off such as movies/pictures/music like you would the comp, either way really cool stuff I'll be sure to play with

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... I just hope the price tag on these nex-gen babies isn't too steep. I would hate for me to never be able to afford something that great.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    $400-500 is all the range I've heard Eriadd. Start saving up!

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    man that will be sweet, kick over some of my downloaded anime in descent quality (I have TV out but its always kinda, well actually its not THAT bad but still) nice to have it all go through one way
    Yeah, the current Windows Media Center port on the Xbox that's available (called Xbox Media Center) is really good, an official would only look better. I stream anime all the time from my computer to TV via Xbox Media Center and honestly, it looks a LOT better on the TV, much more clear picture than with Windows Media Player on my monitor or whatever other player I used before then.

This will be a feature that any fan of downloaded anime will love. I garuntee it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    Another feature I'm enjoying is the Windows Media Center that will allow you to stream videos, music, and pictures through your Xbox 360. This has been done on an Xbox before but of course you would need a mod-chip for it. Should be nice having this as a standard.
    A off the shelf Xbox can do this, but you need the Xbox Media Center Extender, and a Windows XP Media Center PC to act as a streaming server...
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...erextender.htm

Hopefully the Xbox 360 will have the same ability so you can stream fansubs to your gaming console...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    I actually never knew about that item, that's pretty cool, reguardless I haven't got Windows Media Center for XP so it wouldn't do me much good, the Xbox Media Center just lets me stream off of a Samba share after I added the xbox to my network. I'm kinda hoping that's what the plan is for the Xbox 360 as well, I would hate to have to get Windows Media Center.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Very nice addition I say, although I rarely listen to music in games, I love adding it to some such as driving games, GTA, etc. This thing is gonna be ridiculous when it comes out, I cant wait.

And once again thanks for more info Gig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2