Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Price Revealed

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 Price Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    word is prices wont drop for quite awhile so I wouldn't count on that guys.

BTW 400 isn't bad when you think of how people spent up to 600 for a PS2 back in the day with all the accessories you get for the 400 its still a deal.
    Very true, the PS2 and Xbox (not the PS2 alone) had a sale price of a bit over €500 when they were released here in Europe.

If people say that $400 is too expensive then I don't want to know what the European price for these consoles will be.

Newbie Spiderman may be famous one day Spiderman may be famous one day
    Thanks

I wonder if you can transfer the older save files and such to the new HDD, otherwise all of those saves were pointless. Either way 400 is pretty money for anyone who doesn't have a job, (even some with jobs) but I think it's semi reasonable. In regards to Mastermind's comment about the system costing 499 to make, where did you find that out? That's some craziness that there is no profit plus a loss for microsoft? o_O (perhaps they should just throw money at us?)

Newbie sceleratus rex may be famous one day sceleratus rex may be famous one day sceleratus rex's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    lol "better" systems. Even Gates and Kutsuragi have said there systems minus different bells and whistles are about the same. The difference will be the games.

And dont expect the 360 price to drop till late 06 if even and more likely 07

it wont drop just because of other systems coming out it'll drop when they can drive down the cost of production
    If sales of the other two systems are higher than that of the Xbox, the prices will drop. It's basic economics. If your product isn't selling, lower the price.
    ~Evil King~

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sceleratus rex
    If sales of the other two systems are higher than that of the Xbox, the prices will drop. It's basic economics. If your product isn't selling, lower the price.
    If the production costs of the 360 aren't down by then there's no way they'll lower it, microsoft is already going to be losing money per system sold, they can't take too much of a blow or the who video game depertment will close shop when M$ sees it as being unprofitable.

So don't expect a price drop for a long time. The 360 will likely do good this round considering the PS3's (likely) pricetag, nintendo's laughable game selection and third party support, and better third party support from the east and west side for the 360.

Newbie Harukosan may be famous one day Harukosan may be famous one day Harukosan's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Xbox 360 Price Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    The one thing you gotta note is that without the HDD, the Xbox 360 won't be 100% backwards compatible (if at all)

360's HDD comes either preloaded with emulation software to play Xbox games or they will be available over Xbox Live Silver and Gold. So for Backwards compatibility the HDD in the $400 premium is a must.

Course Xbox was built on off the shelf products, It's probable that you can take any old HDD you have laying around and fit it in there, if that's cheaper.
    wow its the perfece console its wireless and its awesome!
    My best friend is me shadow

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if this is going to play old old x box games?

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spike spiegel
    I wonder if this is going to play old old x box games?
    Probably only if you have the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    If the production costs of the 360 aren't down by then there's no way they'll lower it, microsoft is already going to be losing money per system sold, they can't take too much of a blow or the who video game depertment will close shop when M$ sees it as being unprofitable.
    They're willing to sacrifice alot of $ to make it profitable. MS lost alot of money for every Xbox they sold (mostly due to the HD) but never showed a sign of giving up.
    The thing about MS is that they can afford to loose alot more money than Sony or Nintendo.
    Last edited by Hassun; Aug 27, 2005 at 02:31 AM.

Newbie EchoOfRain may be famous one day EchoOfRain may be famous one day
    Thanks

Wow, Xbox is going to make alot of money off these little new-generation kids since they are going to release it before christmas (or so I've heard), but Sony is going to whack them out with their PS3 I'm sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast