Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Xbox 360 Price Revealed

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 Price Revealed

well, nobody has yet to realize the true implications of this price split; companies who design games for the XBOX 360 are not happy that Microsoft decided to have two price points, now a company must decide whether its going to design a game to utilize the HD, or a game that doesn't utilize it, or create two of the same game just so that people can play the games on both consoles, remember, its takes alot more money to design a game that can play both HD or non-HD consoles,

this is probably why PS3 will not have two price points, because the developers will be able to design one game and one game only instead of spending extra money to accomodate those people who do not have an HD on their XBOX 360, also price drops won't happen till 2007. As far as console wars go, I take the opinion of Hideo Kojima, PS3-A fancy dinner, XBOX-A saturday lunch, Revolution-Mothers home cooking, each will have its niche.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun

They're willing to sacrifice alot of $ to make it profitable. MS lost alot of money for every Xbox they sold (mostly due to the HD) but never showed a sign of giving up.
    well they lost more cause of the graphics card bud that was one reason they had a big falling out with Nvidia as they'd never come off the price like the other components

also there are reports that newer Xbox games coming out (although it will only suppposedly be ones M$ chooses as they can't do it for all of them) will get special treatment and have an emulator built right into the game. So it will automatically work on the 360 EVEN if you dont have the HDD. But that will only be on newer games coming out and I dont know which ones or when it will start. Plus they made it sound like only really really popular games or something. So maybe like Farcry Instincts or something. Maybe they'll make a more official announcement later

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Im tryin to save money for 360 but is to much for me, that's why im going
    to buy PS3 or my favorite NR^^
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

you do know the PS3 is going to cost even more right? so keep saving. I'm getting both but right now guesstimates have the PS3 from around 500+ as even Sony said it will be "expensive" and that kinda scares me.

NR...I'll be passing on that one

Newbie Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry, read through most of it, but I'm not positive if this was said yet... From what I know, only certain XBox games can be played on the 360, and those are the ones that were high selling, such as Halo games and most likely the Morrowind games... Some other games can be played, but you have to download something to your 360 to play them, and it may cost money to download...

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i started saving money to buy this XBOX 360 last week, so far i have $40.00.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4