Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360, Revolution, PS3

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    More like if Microsoft can get an RPG better than FF, just plain get Square to join them they have it made. But I don't think they're smart enough to do that, Microsoft is run by a nerdy american who likes guns apparently, so unless Microsoft reads this thread, they probaly won't make any decent MMORPGs.
    They did have this one game called True Fantasy Live Online that was one of the most anticipated games of 2004 made by japanese developers who used to work for square enix or namco(forgot which), but it was cancelled. Dumb decision.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth

Ultimately, the powerhouse in this whole ordeal seems to be Sony... Sony seems to be the only company making the solid decisions and the right moves.

Spoken like a true $ony fanboy.

I'll wait to reserve judgement on non-existent consoles until I see the games that are produced for the consoles. The console manufacturer and specs are irrelevent. The games are what count.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    hmmm, I've never heard of it. But that definatly is a bad decision. RPGs have regained their popularity, so they better get it together in that department.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan

I'll wait to reserve judgement on non-existent consoles until I see the games that are produced for the consoles. The console manufacturer and specs are irrelevent. The games are what count.

Actually I'm an Xbox fan. I'm just telling it like it is. I'm upset at the decisions microsoft has made. Also, graphics and playability counts as well. If xbox 360's graphics aren't going to be that good, then there's something wrong. And as for playability, I'm referring to the revolution's touch screen controller. To me it just seems like those who are taking risks are taking the wrong ones. Too bad microsoft didn't take the risk of making a portable system.
    Last edited by False Truth; Mar 19, 2005 at 04:21 PM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    More like if Microsoft can get an RPG better than FF, just plain get Square to join them they have it made. But I don't think they're smart enough to do that, Microsoft is run by a nerdy american who likes guns apparently, so unless Microsoft reads this thread, they probaly won't make any decent MMORPGs.
    microsoft hired the creator of final fantasy to make 2 new rpg's for the xbox 360. link

if there's one guy you could possibly think would make a better rpg franchise, this guy's the one.

I know nintendo hasn't been doing everything right. I hate several of their games. That's their only problem, here's the mistakes,

Wind Waker
    StarFox Adventures
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Pikimin
    Luigi's Mansion

just to list a few, these games raped the bad ass of the N64 ones, and NOW they got the hint that people liked bad ass link, people like flying around in spaceships people like shooting guns! The only huge improvment was Metroid Prime, which even you have to admit is an awesome game. They still have other shooters and stuff, Medal of Honor, Tony Hawk, Soul Caliber, and a few others, but I think it's their decisions in their own material that's killin them. They need to restore their relations with Square if you ask me, and get some real FF games. But Xbox they weren't original from the start. Halo is there only good side if you ask me, more than half their library are derived from it's PC version, and I am so bored with shooters I can't stand it. One of out of every 3 games for Xbox is probaly a shooter, it's getting old.

if ff:chronicles and ffta aren't what you consider real ff games, then forget about nintendo ever restoring their relations w/square-enix. sony likes the fact that they're getting the exclusive rights to main ff series and it doesn't look like they're going to let up.

the touch screen configurability does seem gimmicky. one thing that would get on my nerves is the lack discrete buttons; it'd be like a blind person trying to read by feeling a flat sheet of paper with no indentions. nice idea, but we're not ready for it.

console specs are definitely not what makes it good or not, but that touch screen controller is more of a feature that's not directly comparable to any other console.

console manufacturers have a hard time competing w/other console manufacturers since in essence, they both do the same thing - let you play games. in the early days when hardware power were really similar, that was clearly evident; so the deciding factor was strictly the games they offered, and most of the time they were only offered for that one console.

nowadays, there're mass amounts of games that're multi-platform, so it's harder for console manufacturer's to differentiate themselves again so consumers don't know which console to get. this time around consoles manufacturers are pressing hard for hardware differentiation - battling each other with raw power and features. but sadly, if you didn't know by now, the old adage still applies - it's the games that drive the success of the console.

it's way too early to count any consoles out. if you're a true gamer, you buy the console for the games. the console themselves, like i said, don't have enough appeal to drive themselves. after all, you don't play games in the browse screen, no matter how great the graphics are.
    Last edited by maverickvns; Mar 19, 2005 at 11:42 PM.

Newbie BrianD may be famous one day BrianD may be famous one day BrianD's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan

I agree with Zui with this. Any console no matter how powerfull it is if the games suck no one will buy it. BUT there are people who buy games for eye candy. I was supposed to buy an Xbox but the only game I liked it Halo, so I didn't buy an Xbox.

I'm just waiting for Xbox to die then maybe I'll buy one when the prices go down.

[ - Want a sig? Click here for one! - ]

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well, based on every console game I've played since I was in dipers I have to admit that it doesn't matter what the specs of the system are it usually take developers until a new system is about to come out to actually start producing games that use the full potiential of the current system.

I agree with ZQ though. I'll wait until I see the systems and games.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickvns

if ff:chronicles and ffta aren't what you consider real ff games, then forget about nintendo ever restoring their relations w/square-enix. sony likes the fact that they're getting the exclusive rights to main ff series and it doesn't look like they're going to let up.
    FFC is probaly the worst FF I've ever seen, and FFTA is just GBA game. These games lame in comparison to FFX, X-2, XI and further when they release XII. If they somehow got the same rights Sony does to the real series, they'd have no problem. However, I think nintendo did have it good with Tales of Symphonia. If nintendo is really smart, they'll make their RPG hit for the GBA, Golden Sun, into a cube or revoultion game. Golden Sun has very cool stuff in it, but I think I'd be better expressed in a home console game.

And if microsoft does in fact make a decent RPG, it will still probaly not be as popular as the FF series, because it's been around awhile and it commands alot of fans. All I'm saying is shooters will fade out eventually, and then where will Xbox be?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast