Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Xbox 360 shots

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    meh. Looks kinda ugly to me. They must hold their controllers in high-esteem cuz it don't look like they changed it. I perfer PS2 and 'cube's controllers much better. This is all irrelevant anyway, I won't get one, ever.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    meh. Looks kinda ugly to me. They must hold their controllers in high-esteem cuz it don't look like they changed it. I perfer PS2 and 'cube's controllers much better. This is all irrelevant anyway, I won't get one, ever.

If you knew you were a nintendo fan and you don't like any other system, why come in this thread just to bash the xbox 360? As a matter of fact, why did you even read this thread??? You must have saw the title of it....

I question if this is really dark or just another glitch of the forum because the dark I know has more integrity than this...

The controller that ken x shows isnt a good view of how it really looks. Actually, no one has a good view of the controller, so you can't judge something if you can't see it. All I know is that the back of it sticks out so that batteries go in it(for wireless).

Also, the fact that 10 people(even non xbox fans) said the new xbox 360 looks more sleek and sexy, means that you surely was bashing it.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    sigh, xbox bashing is a past time I ensue when I'm really bored. So sorry to insult you with my hard-headed opinion, but this doesn't change the fact that I still think it looks pretty ugly, not to say any of the systems now or in the past were works of art, but just from spying at the pictures, it didn't look like they tried to make it more compact or sleeker or anything, but oh well, maybe next time.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'm thinking about getting the 360 but i gotta do a bit of research first though. first of all i wanna know of modding capability so i'm gonna put it on hold for now. the specs for it is amazing though 700mhz buss on the ram. thats pretty amazing man thats like they went into the future and the system is running on RISC design its pretty amazing. ms has finally built a perfect machine ground up. its like a chess game its now sony's move.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    not sure about its modding capabilities, people always find a way. But seeing how they show it being liquid cooled and whatnot I wouldn't want anyone but a pro messing with one of the boxes guts o_O so yeah

btw just saw some video of Ghost Recon 3, yet another game that looks unfreaking believable. If you check gamespots next gen roundup on Xbox 360 you'll see it running in the background for awhile. That was just crazy

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeh i saw it also its really great man. the ingame play graphics is simply amazing it almost looks... um too real. lol.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    not sure about its modding capabilities, people always find a way. But seeing how they show it being liquid cooled and whatnot I wouldn't want anyone but a pro messing with one of the boxes guts o_O so yeah
    'Liquid Cooled' is a misuse of the terminology. According to the Hard OCP website, the only 'liquid' they know of in the new Xbox is what's contained in the 'wick' inside the heat pipe used in the CPU cooler...
    http://www.hardocp.com/index.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, first of all, let's start with the facts (source website in the brackets):
    • The default Xbox 360 controller is indeed wireless, not by using infrared or Bluetooth - but by using radiowaves, which is so far one of the best ways of doing this (IGN)
    • The IR port is used only for the remote (IGN)
    • There should be a wired version of the controller too, but I have no idea where it should be plugged (one theory says there's gonna be a one big input place on the back of the Xbox 360 [IGN]) (directly from the MS Xbox 360 page)
    • The controller size is quite same as with controller S (not the same as with the original Xbox controller [which was pretty good, IMHO]), and the "white" and "black" buttons have been put into the controller's backside, a bit up from the triggers (which makes the design a bit closer to Sony's L1/L2- design), instead of those being in the "front panel" of the controller (IGN)
    • Backwards compatibility: Microsoft would like it very much (given the existing user base of around 20 million) and is trying to implement some kind of Intel CPU/Gforce GPU- emulator into the Xbox 360. But there are no real words from any head honchos that state the Xbox 360 is/will be capable of emulating the original Xbox games (IGN)
    And now back to the usual posting...

As for the console, it's pretty sleek and the fact it has standard USB ports makes a difference (two in the front, one in the back). The games are very much like their PC equivalents if there would be only one specification of a PC (3.2Ghz CPU, 512Mb RAM, ATi x850 design developed and tuned). The new Need For Speed, Ghost Recon 3 (the 1st-person HUD of which I just didn't like that much), Test Drive, 2 Days To Vegas - they all look really good and I wish I had such real-time rendering power on my PC (^_^;). I'm waiting what'll they show us at E3, because all of these projects look interesting.

But some of those 2 days to Vegas screenshots look a bit like promotional "screenshots" that are either taken with modeling software or that have been tampered with one way or another (one street screenshot features many human-like models [same-type- entities that basically should be rendered the same way] in which the shadow rendering is done differently, not like the typical LOD way [the further the model is, the less detailed the shadow is] [link]). How usual for companies to do this from time to time (Amped screenshots from MS before the launch, anyone?), I'm yawning already... But I guess the final look of this game will be somehow close to those screenshots.

In other words my opinion on the Xbox 360 is that it's a powerful piece of machinery that'll propably satisfy almost anyone on the sound/graphics department and in the controller section with pretty good (As far as I can see from the photos) design. Not to mention the "Live" multiplayer functionalities that are far beyond the ones in PS2 or Gamecube (no info on PS3, though). I think I will start wanting one of these if they succeed in emulating the original Xbox - and if there will be enough developers with original, good ideas on this platform.

And as LenMiyata said, the cooling handling includes a heatpipe that has some kind of water/ammonia- mix liquid, which MS uses as a marketing gig to use words "liquid cooling". The whole cooling process is, however, closer to a simple heatpipe system inside the heatsink than a fully-blown liquid cooling system.
    Last edited by JEEB; May 14, 2005 at 12:46 AM.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5