Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xenografts

Newbie Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh's Avatar
    Thanks

Xenografts

Bovine xenografts are a major buzzword today, and there's a question: xenografts will DEFINETLY be used for cosmetic purposes down the line, so moral issues will crop up like mad. But Im for xenografts in all forms, I mean come on, who wouldn't want retractable claws (a far-fetched example), etc?

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00245.htm

http://www.tca.uwa.edu.au/pig/pig_main.html
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I want wings..... though im sure if i had morals i'd be totally against it.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah everyone wants them, but if u want em to be of any use, either use them as spoilers to aid ur running (ostritch-style), or make them really, really big and enlarge ur sternum to support the flight muscles. But after all that work, you have to ask yourself one thing: is it worth compromising your immune system (you will have to take immunosuppresants for life or your xenografts will be rejected) and taking on a really abnomral appearance (with a thick as hell sternum), just to fly, when you might as well just get a hang glider?

Seriously, you're better off with a Solotrek XFV. Or mechanical implants (with skin grafts from yourself stretced over the wing spars).
    Last edited by Doobara_Dimagh; May 07, 2005 at 12:26 AM.
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Are you guys crazy, if they manage to give pigs wings it won't stop there, they will do the same with other animals, and animals who belong on the ground will fly, you can't play for god, all sorts of shit will happen then, they don't have wings for a reason.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lord nikon
    Are you guys crazy, if they manage to give pigs wings it won't stop there, they will do the same with other animals, and animals who belong on the ground will fly, you can't play for god, all sorts of shit will happen then, they don't have wings for a reason.
    what do you think god is?
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think god is me

Thanks
    ur right in a sense: a rather significant number of philosophers say that god is within. indeed, that's what i say from time to time. of course, nobody really knows what god is anyway. god could be little more than a point source of energy and still carry out the necessary functions of god.
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Banned Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki may be famous one day Kikinaki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Better to leave your body as it is now.

Think, if we really needed wings and claws, don't you think that God would gave us so we can use it for our own interests? Our body structures are made the way they should be and changing them would bring massive damage to our internal organs and immune system.

And to add another thing, why do you need wings for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast