Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Xenosaga 2 not looking too good

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    I kinda agree with the bad voice acting bit. I especially disliked Shion's voice... It was rather annoying and too... Gaah! I can't even think of a word to describe it. No offense to anyone who liked her voice, though.

Japanese music only? I guess I can live with that. And since the person that voiced Shion is going to be changed, I guess I could give Xenosaga II a try. I mean, what bad could it do?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm, I'll probably give it a try. Although I'm surprised at the horrible scores that Episode II got, I'll have to play it for myself to see. I'm not one to believe everything the mags say.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    There have been other titles that reviewers dislike but end up still doing really well. I couldn't really get into the first XS even though I bought it on the spot. I thought the graphics were fantastic but the gameplay take a while to get into and use to (10 minutes player, 40 minutes watching, which was nice sometimes).

The only thing one can do is actually play the game.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Hmm, I'll probably give it a try. Although I'm surprised at the horrible scores that Episode II got, I'll have to play it for myself to see. I'm not one to believe everything the mags say.

After some frustrating and horrible experiences of buying awful scored games, I believe mags and sites on every single one of their scores. And it really hasnt steered me wrong yet.

Hey people, I just checked prices, and Xenosaga 2's price dropped a lot, making the game worth about 35-30 bucks now. It might be lower by march.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    PSM-6/10
    IGN-6/10
    Gamespy- 3/5 stars

I believe you would classify that as mediocre.
    ye... T-T and i was looking forward to it too
    Ok, ill still buy them when they go down to around 30-20 dollars ^^.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe that the only way to know a true game is too rent it or buy it, I mean I am a little biased cuz I LOVE Xenosaga, I also believe too many people have such high standards I just enjoyed it for what the game is ACTUALLY ABOUT, the STORY. Gameplay is fun, but I love the whole story about the very nature of our universe, then again I am an engineer. But, I honestly think that peoples standards are too high and also if you read closely at IGN's review, they think its a solid game, its not MGS high but a good game.

and besides, a 3/5 is a very bad way of reviewing a game, there is no middle inbetween, thats like giving a 5 question test with each question worth 20 points and only marking 3 right. It's a very bad system of reviewing, plus a LOT OF GAMES GET 3/5

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    and besides, a 3/5 is a very bad way of reviewing a game, there is no middle inbetween, thats like giving a 5 question test with each question worth 20 points and only marking 3 right. It's a very bad system of reviewing, plus a LOT OF GAMES GET 3/5
    If you're good at math, think of it like fractions. 3/5 = 6/10 = 60/100 = 60%= mediocre. This just means alot of games are mediocre, and they're not sugar coating things like some others do. I hope that clears it up for you.
    Last edited by False Truth; Feb 16, 2005 at 05:57 AM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well. I just spent $50 on the game today and i didnt play it yet. I really hope its not as bad as you say it is. I've been looking forward to it for a long ass time. And from what I read none of you actually played the game so you shouldn't really rate it by what you heard. You gotta experiance the game itself before discussing how good or bad it is.
    When you're caught between Good and Evil, Make them both suffer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast