Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Xenosaga & beyond

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    I thought the game was great! It's a good game, and you can't help but notice that it was loosely based on Xenogears.
    i agree too that the xenosaga series is a great series. just that i liked xenogears more

also, the xenosaga games is more like a interactive movie than a game >.>
    if you watched Xenosaga: The Animation, u would know what i mean. watching that anime is almost the same as 'playing' the game, minus the combat system.

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    you can't help but notice that it was loosely based on Xenogears.
    Actually if the original story plays out, Xenogears would be Episode 5 in the series. This can be seen after one finishes Xenogears.
    Evil is actually in my job description

Newbie jd_cloudstrife may be famous one day jd_cloudstrife may be famous one day jd_cloudstrife's Avatar
    Thanks
    how would it be episode 5 i havent played yet
    "Why do people depend on each other? In the end you're on your own..."

Squall Leonhart

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm... Though XS the animation kinda butchered the game...

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Gahh, can't read too much of this post because I haven't beaten the second one yet.
    I played both the first and second game with about two months of time in between them. I must admit that I like the art better in the first game, but the second one has some amazing environements and the mecha battles have more importance. Also, I really liked Jin and his realtionship with Shion (hence my current signature ). But a part I didn't like is the massive use of puzzles....I'm not real good at those and sometimes I had to look for an online guide to help me out. Oh, and the global samaritan campaing kinda gets on my nerves too......There's no way you can do all that in your first time playing the game.

Oh, I have a question: How the heck do you use double techniques ? I was never able to figure that out am I'm up against the patriach and Proto Omega....

Newbie jd_cloudstrife may be famous one day jd_cloudstrife may be famous one day jd_cloudstrife's Avatar
    Thanks
    how long is xenosaga the animation?
    "Why do people depend on each other? In the end you're on your own..."

Squall Leonhart

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrastar
    How the heck do you use double techniques ? I was never able to figure that out am I'm up against the patriach and Proto Omega....
    Well, in order to use the double techs, you have to know the double techs. Some of these techs could be obtained via the (annoying) GSC and some could be stolen (Awakening) from enemies. Well, at least you have the one for Jin and chaos for free.

Anyway, in order to use them, make sure that the people that would use the double tech is in the current party. Let's take Ice Brand for example. In order to use it, you would need at least two stocks for both chaos and Jin. If you have the correct amount of stock then everything's good.

So, let's say that it's Jin's turn. All you have to do is boost (R1 + O/X/square) chaos, press X, choose double (which should be accessible by now), and choose the desired double attack. I recommend using this when the ether 50% random slot is in play. You could only use each double tech once.

Hope that helped. Good luck on beating that old dude!

Oh, and just for the heck of asking, do you already know about the double ether technique?

---

Quote Originally Posted by jd_cloudstrife
    how long is xenosaga the animation?
    Ehehe! Unfortunately, I can't help you with that one. Haven't watched it, yet. But from what I heard, XS the animation is really messed up. Imagine this--Virgil got X-buster~ed except of machine-gunned to death. Ouch!
    Last edited by Gin Nightingale; May 21, 2005 at 06:51 AM.

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    the animation is 12 episodes i think. it's unfinished though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast