Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Xenosaga & beyond

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrastar
    Oh, and the global samaritan campaing kinda gets on my nerves too......There's no way you can do all that in your first time playing the game.
    Actually, u cant finish them all, since a few of them appear only after u funish the game (after finishing the game u can continue playing, theyll just leave u before u enter Omega SYstem. Also ur allowed to fight the Omega SYstem Bosses again)
    Evil is actually in my job description

Newbie little_angel12377 may be famous one day little_angel12377 may be famous one day little_angel12377's Avatar
    Thanks
    who knows.
    Naruto rocks! ~.^

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Really sorry for the double post...sorry...
    Last edited by Electrastar; May 23, 2005 at 07:25 AM.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Nightingale
    Well, in order to use the double techs, you have to know the double techs. Some of these techs could be obtained via the (annoying) GSC and some could be stolen (Awakening) from enemies. Well, at least you have the one for Jin and chaos for free.

Anyway, in order to use them, make sure that the people that would use the double tech is in the current party. Let's take Ice Brand for example. In order to use it, you would need at least two stocks for both chaos and Jin. If you have the correct amount of stock then everything's good.

So, let's say that it's Jin's turn. All you have to do is boost (R1 + O/X/square) chaos, press X, choose double (which should be accessible by now), and choose the desired double attack. I recommend using this when the ether 50% random slot is in play. You could only use each double tech once.

Hope that helped. Good luck on beating that old dude!

Oh, and just for the heck of asking, do you already know about the double ether technique?

---

Ehehe! Unfortunately, I can't help you with that one. Haven't watched it, yet. But from what I heard, XS the animation is really messed up. Imagine this--Virgil got X-buster~ed except of machine-gunned to death. Ouch!
    Hummm, I think I'll be able to use the techs now. Thanks so much for the tip. As for the double ether techs, I know about them, but I just plain never use them and I don't really know how to use them....And man, that old guy just won't die, I tried more than once....he's the hardest boss in the game that's for sure.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    I liked the origional i hope this one is better.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hummm, I think I'll be able to use the techs now. Thanks so much for the tip. As for the double ether techs, I know about them, but I just plain never use them and I don't really know how to use them....And man, that old guy just won't die, I tried more than once....he's the hardest boss in the game that's for sure.
    Well, personally, I think that the ether combo is really useful, especially the Analyze+Psycho Pocket (an ether that steals the rare item of the enemy with a 100% probability) and the Medica2+Medica2 (an ether that casts Medica2 to the party). Saves me time and EP. Using this technique is similar to using the double tech attacks.

For example you want to use the Double Medica, all you have to do is to make sure that both characters have the base ether (in this case, Medica2). Let's say it's KOS-MOS' turn. You have to boost a character, for example Shion. Press X then go to ether. Highlight Medica2 and press triangle. You'll then see a list of combinations. Pick the one you want and voila! Double ether!

As for the old dude, yeah, he could be quite annoying. Especially since he actually revives the first time you beat him... Who's your party and what is the party's status anyway? Maybe I could help.

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks
    that old guy just won't die, I tried more than once....he's the hardest boss in the game that's for sure.
    Funny, I actually found Cathedral harder than the old man

For the Patriarch (or old guy), ive found that the best party to use is Jin, Momo and Jr
    For the first part of the battle start by stocking everyone then attack with Jr (with a square, triangle attack), while Jin is boosting. Then with Jin use square, square, and unleash every stock he and everyone else carry. U may need to do this a few times.
    After he is revived, stock up, and this time begin with a single shot from Momo while JIn boosts. Now with Jin use triangle, trianlge and unleash the stocks. He should go down in no time.

Just make sure to cast Aura veil and keep the party's Hp near max.
    Hope this helps
    Evil is actually in my job description

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4