Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -Xenosaga: Episode II-

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah Electrastar, I agree with you. I'm a bit sad here, I thought the game was more popular... Especially with the anime-oriened story line ... go-figure! ^_^
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Are you kidding me, this game was great (aside from the cutscenes every three seconds)! I loved the battle system, the story and the characters. I judge games harshly, too, and I really liked it after all my scrutinizing. I am really looking forward to Episode II, and am anxious to see if this whole 'no currency' idea is actually a good one.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Are you kidding me, this game was great (aside from the cutscenes every three seconds)! I loved the battle system, the story and the characters. I judge games harshly, too, and I really liked it after all my scrutinizing. I am really looking forward to Episode II, and am anxious to see if this whole 'no currency' idea is actually a good one.
    there's no currency... how do you buy ur weapons... is everything givn.. or found on monsters... or traded for?
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    there's no currency... how do you buy ur weapons... is everything givn.. or found on monsters... or traded for?
    You would probably end up trading items for items, and getting tradable goods from beating up baddies and all that classic RPG stuff. It will make you more careful with your resources, since you might have to sacrifice certain items in order to reap the benefits of other ones.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i didn't like how the currency and items were implemented. most of my money went through the agws and they were practically useless, and i got so much med kits and ether kits from battles that i even had to sell them in order to get more money. it was really unbalanced how the items and money were distributed.

i'm definitely looking forward to ep2 more for the storyline than anything else. i, in fact, didn't mind all the cutscenes. the battle system was alright... they were definitely using the system from xenogears but it was too watered down [only 6ap max] and some moves took too long. i do, however, like the idea that ep2's gonna implement some sort of combo system in the current battle system, hopefully that'll make fighting more intresting and fun.

was it me, or did the game just seem too short?

Newbie pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Welp, I just finished Xenosaga Episode I yesterday, and all I have to say is that it ended abrupty, and Episode II will start off from there of course, BUT, the final boss was ridiculously easy. I didn't even know it was the final boss until I saw the credits rolling and I was like, hmm, that was .. unexpectedly easy; I don't even think it damaged me. I didn't even reach LV40 yet :/

Anyway, in Xenosaga Episode II, it is said that AGWS will have more significance in battles. As far as battles go, you can switch places with other party members, just like in FFX, which adds more ability to cripple monsters quicker. Problem with the battles is that I hear it gets tedious and extremely easy once you figure out a killer combo :/ And as far as character design go, some will hate it, some will love it, and we'll all just learn to accept it at one point, but for now, I dislike it

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well that type of RPG, you will either like it or hate it, its a long rpg that has a HUGE amount of story as was its supposedly "unrelated" predecessor the Ultimately Kickass Xenogears. You just have to accept it for what it is, and also sure gameplay matters but in this type of RPG, the story line is more important since its a six game story. btw, since Xenogears is supposedly not related, if it were, Xenogears woould be Episode V

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    It's taken them long enough !
    Yesh, the second looks wonderful. Can't wait.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast