Thread: xXx: State of the Union

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool xXx: State of the Union - Final Fantasy Advent Childeran Trailer!

xXx: State of the Union was released on DvD today where I lived (And because of my job, I got first dibs at renting it.

To be honest, it was not as good as the first one. Vin Diesel was a Bad ass in the first movie, and Ice Cube was no bad ass, Xzibit on the other had did a better job then the male lead.

Spoilers from here on out.

There were a few flaws in the movie. First off, the secretary of defence does not manage the presidents security detail, the Secret Service does, which is a branch of the Treasury Department of all things. Then Ice Cube jumps off the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. That would kill any human being, then at the end of the movie, he jumps off a bullet train going over 300mph thats in the middle of exploading and de-railing and plumets off a bridge thats over a dozen stories tall and survives by shooting a grenade at the water and diving into it, and somehow manages to survive then swims away fromt he wreakage that is crashing down on him. I'm sorry, but thats just bull.

The DvD is decent, worth a rent, especially because of the trailers that I found on it.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Childeren and Steamboy (From the Creator of Akira)

The first trailer was Awsome. I watched it atleast a dozen times. I can't wait to see it.

Steamboy looks excellent. The voice actors could have been better, Can't wait to see Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard, Professer X) though.

NEwho, Discuss
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 27, 2005 at 12:59 AM.

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: xXx: State of the Union

i like teh first one. vin diesel all the way. i hate ice cube... he sucks butt... even his music is bad... i am gona see teh first one tonight on tv so yay! i think they should have put the second movie with vin diesel, no one is better than the original xXx

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

worth the rent but not the buy....
    That's what i figured as soon as i seen the trailers for it.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    worth the rent but not the buy....
    That's what i figured as soon as i seen the trailers for it.
    I'd say just rent it for the Steamboy and FFVII Trailers.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    I'd say just rent it for the Steamboy and FFVII Trailers.
    I say, don't rent, dl the trailers and use the money you just saved to buy some scalpels...
    Last edited by Hassun; Jul 27, 2005 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I say, don't rent, dl the trailers and use the money you just saved to buy some scalpels...
    *lol*
    Yeah... Mabey... Not.

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, Triple X is nothing without Van Diesal.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

xXx and xXx: State of the Union are both terrible movies. And yes the second one looked stupid because Vin Diesel wasn't even in it, but whatever I think the multiple explosions out-shined all the actors. I am pretty sure in State of the Union they blew up the whole set. It was like over kill on the explosions.

As for the first one, can you say "The script was made to give Vin stupid catch phrases that will never catch on?" They have to stop doing that with his movies, he needs some intelligent dialogue not stupid one liners that aren't funny.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-