Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yakitate Japan

Newbie j12on may be famous one day j12on may be famous one day j12on's Avatar
    Thanks

Yakitate Japan

Hi everyone, I currently watched the first 4 episodes and getting the 5th right now. I would like to know what you guys think about it because so far i really love the anime. For those who arent familiar, its an anime about a boy with 'solar hands' which are perfect for baking bread. His goal is to make bread representing Japan, which he calls ja'pan', a lil pun, lol.

I really like it so far because of original idea and comedy. I really like the reactions the characters get when they taste his different kinds of ja'pan'. But be warned this anime makes you want bread! lol (well for me anyways, hehe)

Newbie MR.Shinji_Ikari may be famous one day MR.Shinji_Ikari may be famous one day MR.Shinji_Ikari's Avatar
    I live in Neverwhere where anime's and manga's are plentiful and the games never end^;~
    Thanks

huh???

Sawatdee Khrab

Im sorry dude but that anime sound like the biggest load of junk eva !!!! This is just my opinion of course Why dont you try one of the following manga's/anime's for real entertainment :

Serial Experiments Lain
    Hack
    Evangelion
    Love Hina
    Furi Kuri (FLCL)

Im surprised you find this anime thing u talk about entertaining

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Uh... that sounds like an interesting anime... *cough*interestingasinweirdashell*cough*

Honestly, I wouldn't be caught dead even holding the DVD or VHS or whatever... it sounds kind of stupid.

Newbie j12on may be famous one day j12on may be famous one day j12on's Avatar
    Thanks
    For MR.Shinji_Ikari I have watched them, except serial experiment lain, as well as a whole lot of others. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you haven't watched even 1 episode then i dont think your opinion matters much.

Im not saying its a great anime but its better than some crappy animes that im watching right now.

Tem
    Otaku Darts - 301 Champion, Chopper2 Champion Tem may be famous one day Tem may be famous one day Tem's Avatar
    Thanks
    FLCL was such a great and funny show, i really love that show, yet i didnt understand lain.. i watch the 2 dvd volumes, but i got all confused... guess it was too complicated for my little peewee brain

"Tama-chan! "

Newbie Elric of Grans may be famous one day Elric of Grans may be famous one day Elric of Grans's Avatar
    Thanks
    As anyone who has read the manga will tell you, the series is a heck of a lot better than it sounds. It's not about baking bread, it's all about the reactions people have when they eat it. Bread that makes you dance, bread that makes you fly... even bread that is good enough to die for (literally!). The manga starts off a little slow, but by the newcomer competition it begins to get good - the anime seems to be following quite closely, so in an episode or two you'll see what I mean.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    this series actually sounds pretty good. bread isn't exactly used often, if at all, in asian food as it is in the US or Europe. That's why it's interesting to hear about bakers from Asia. how the hell can you make a story about bread interesting if it's not funny? I'm definitely going to watch it.

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks
    Seriously people, be a little more open-minded. I'm very excited to hear about an anime not dealing with the normal issues. Oh, and just a little fact, by listing other animes as recommendations instead of letting someone enjoy what they like, makes you sound incredibly condescending. People like their own things, so stop acting all superior.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast