Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 26

Thread: Yaoi vs Yuri

  1. #1
    Kimiki
    Guest

    Yaoi vs Yuri

    Which do you think is more popular? Which do you think is more of a fan-made creation?

    Please, keep in mind that if you are opposed to either one, please don't post and tell everyone about it.

    I like both Yaoi and Yuri. I don't really care about who's in the couple as long as the couple is actually... a couple. I hate most fan couples, and they piss me off for some reason. I mean, I know people who are crazy and like to pair two people up just because they're both hot, or they hate one of the characters in the actual pairing of the series.

    Surprisingly, I've noticed that there seem to be a great dear more fans of Yaoi than of Yuri. I know many a guy who don't want to see even light Yuri in anime, and get pissed off over it, believe it or not... o_O

    Well, I've seen a lot of dumb Yaoi and Yuri couples that were clearly just some overzealous fanatics pairing up two guys or two girls just because they could. They're pretty much even there.
    Last edited by Kimiki; Jul 12, 2005 at 06:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Newbie azn_ayumi may be famous one day azn_ayumi may be famous one day azn_ayumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    i dont oppose to anyone of them but som time i get piss when ppl just put weird parings n they dont match at all......but its kinda intresting how guys want to watch yaoi then yuri ><......well to my opinion i think tat probably yaoi n yuri are both equally popular!

  3. #3
    Newbie rabidmutantkitty may be famous one day rabidmutantkitty may be famous one day rabidmutantkitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In your closet! O_O
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    I don't have anything against either, although I think I see a lot more Yaio than Yuri. Fan made creation, hm? I see many more Yaoi's that are fan-made, I guess. Never seen any Yuri to tell ya the truth.
    The invisible lawn gnomes are out to get me! o.O

  4. #4
    Kimiki
    Guest

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidmutantkitty
    I don't have anything against either, although I think I see a lot more Yaio than Yuri. Fan made creation, hm? I see many more Yaoi's that are fan-made, I guess. Never seen any Yuri to tell ya the truth.
    There's lots of made-up Yuri.

    Haven't you ever seen all that Sailor Moon crap(not counting Uranus and Neptune, for they are actually a couple)? There are so many ChibiuaxHotaru sites out there it's not funny. I mean, they're little girls, man... o_O

    I've also seen Yuri from shows like Kiki's Delivery Service... o.O Like KikixOsono(the lady in the baker).

    Tenchi Muyo Yuri--- tooooons of it...

    Yaoi is usually just obsessed on more... ^^;;

  5. #5
    Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    I think there's a lot more Yaoi fan-based stuff out there. But its really easy to find Yuri if you turn to hentai. I've had a hard time finding any Yaoi out there though in terms of anime. Not sure about manga/fan-fics etc. etc.

    Either don't really bug me and I don't have a preference. I'd like to see more Yaoi though since compared to how much Yuri I've seen its rather low.

  6. #6
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiki
    There's lots of made-up Yuri.

    Haven't you ever seen all that Sailor Moon crap(not counting Uranus and Neptune, for they are actually a couple)? There are so many ChibiuaxHotaru sites out there it's not funny. I mean, they're little girls, man... o_O

    I've also seen Yuri from shows like Kiki's Delivery Service... o.O Like KikixOsono(the lady in the baker).

    Tenchi Muyo Yuri--- tooooons of it...

    Yaoi is usually just obsessed on more... ^^;;
    You're taking it a bit to the extremes here, Yuri and Yaoi or not the same as Shoujo-ai/Shonen-ai.

    Yaoi/Yuri are the more sexually oriented things.

  7. #7
    Kimiki
    Guest

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    You're taking it a bit to the extremes here, Yuri and Yaoi or not the same as Shoujo-ai/Shonen-ai.

    Yaoi/Yuri are the more sexually oriented things.
    Well, I know that, but I usually just use "Yaoi" and "Yuri".

    I often just use Yaoi/Yuri to define both Yaoi/Yuri and Shounen-ai/Shoujo-ai...

  8. #8
    Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,736
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Yaoi vs Yuri

    Whew...I cant believe there is even a topic on this. Yaoi is way better.

    I live and breath for yaoi. There's soemthing about the love or sexual attraction between to men that makes me want to scream! And as for fan couples and real couples? I dont care as long as the characters are total bishounen.
    Seduced by Flesh


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts