Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: For you all playstation 2 lovers

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: For you all playstation 2 lovers

The Saturn did pretty well in Japan but got blown out of the market with the Play Station in the U.S. Yet, there are some Saturn games that still command over $100.00 a pop for you to get. And Sega (for some unknown reason) will not port these games over to a new platform. All I am saying is that there are great older games out there.

As for old games not being made anymore...heck, I can't go out and buy new PC games for my PII 350. Sorry, those times have past me by. But not for the Playstation. Both Konomi and Square released some of their older games, revamped with better graphics, etc on the Playstation just a few years ago (Castlevania Chronicals and the FF remakes). There are still companies that are willing to release games for older systems if it makes sense to do so. Why remake FF 2,4,5,6, and ChronoTrigger for the PS2 when the PS will work and you can still play it on the PS2? I think we still may see occasional releases like that. Same with the PS2. If developers can release a game that looks incredable on the PS2 during the beginning of the PS3 lifecycle, they will because it will reach a larger audience. It's only after the PS3 market kicks fully in (meaning the majority of players have made that switch) that we'll start seeing PS3 games only. It's a smart move on Sony's part.

As for Microsoft and the XboX. A lot of devlopers feel that MS really pushed the next gen wars out early. Take a look at the new game, 'Black'. It's a FPS that is really a work of art and looks like it will revolutionize the whole FPS experiance. A lot of people who have seen it wonder if it's 'next gen' stuff but the developer is adamant about it being an Xbox/PS2 game. He feels that there was still a few years of excellent life left in the Xbox and he's not the only developer to feel that way. MS pushed the next gen console out the door before the Xbox's full potential was realised because of marketing reasons. They think all of us PS fanboys are going to abandon Sony and jump on the first next gen bandwagon we can find...all because we want prettier games. It just goes to show you that MS hasn't figured out yet what PS players want. It's not the system, it's the games. I've had an Xbox for a year now. I've gotten all the 'essential' games and frankly have really been disapointed in the 'xbox experiance'. In short, I think the games suck. The only Xbox exclusive I've really enjoyed is Halo.

Until MS starts providing game content I care about that is only exclusive to the 360, I won't even look in it's direction. It's not about the next-gen system, it's about the next-gen games. If the games suck for any system...then why am I going to buy it?

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Before I bought a PS2 I bought a new PS1 redesigned it shunk from the old orginal but it played good but it kept sliding off the table when I lean back to play.

Newbie Ky Kiske may be famous one day Ky Kiske may be famous one day Ky Kiske's Avatar
    Conifer, Colorado until the school year is over
    Thanks

I really want to get the new PS3 cause Sony is awesome. Their products have never crapped out on me. Almost all of my friends have had to get at least two to five XBOX'S. The current games for the PS2 are great though.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well i own a ps2 but i really want the ps3 coming out , it bringing devil may cry 4 with it

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the old ps2 model is way better,the slim skinny ones suck they break too easy and they are not that durable.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4