Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: You are NOT a moderator!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: You are NOT a moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    True, the rules & regulations are pretty strict here at AO....and I'm grateful for that. I've been a part of many forums in the past where spamming and psuedo-modding seemed to be a religion, it's nice and very comforting to have some order. Besides, all of the staff here at AO are fine chaps....but when you act like an ass, you get treated like an ass. Plain & simple.
    This is all true. When you start dealing with some younger people, down to the age of and even younger, some of them see rules as just something that they should go against. They get all rebellious and what not because they see rules as unnecessary, only because they have been given no reason to follow them. That's what I'm stressing. I guess what I have to say as a n00b doesn't matter much however...
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    True, the rules & regulations are pretty strict here at AO....and I'm grateful for that. I've been a part of many forums in the past where spamming and psuedo-modding seemed to be a religion, it's nice and very comforting to have some order. Besides, all of the staff here at AO are fine chaps....but when you act like an ass, you get treated like an ass. Plain & simple.
    I've been on forums where there are no mods....no matter how you look at it order is a really nice thing.

Note: use PM's. Gotcha

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    This is all true. When you start dealing with some younger people, down to the age of and even younger, some of them see rules as just something that they should go against. They get all rebellious and what not because they see rules as unnecessary, only because they have been given no reason to follow them. That's what I'm stressing. I guess what I have to say as a n00b doesn't matter much however...
    There's also regulars of other, slightly more laid back, forums where there is no journal for e/n posts and spam can be a quality thing when used correctly. As fond as I am of this forum I just don't agree with every single rule. I can, however, see the value in them. We, the members, deal with a younger crowd on anime forums, most of them new and fresh to the ways of internet fora. Without the particular rules here, the fora could and, most likely, would be overrun with grossly inept posts. Plus, if you dig a location, you have to follow the rules if you want to stick around.

So it's always a bit of a mixed bag.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Just do what Hassun does, abuse the "report" button like a good vet would

or you can be like me

Simply dont give a shit, sit back, grab some pop corn and watch the newb get banned (unless it's a girl, then that's another case)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

whatever....If I did anything wrong Im sorry.(sigh)

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

very well...
    command received...
    yes...
    no more interfering in mod business...
    I love my girlfriend.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    Just do what Hassun does, abuse the "report" button like a good vet would

or you can be like me

Simply dont give a shit, sit back, grab some pop corn and watch the newb get banned (unless it's a girl, then that's another case)
    Typical pyoro....

As for psuedo modding, just let the the real mods take care of anything. If you feel it needs imediate attention, use the report button. I used to be kinda bad about it myself, but it's more fun to just sit back and watch. I wouldn't even make suggestions regarding the rules unless the person asks about them. And yes, the rules are strict here (not as much "strict" as enforced), but what would it be like if they weren't? ...look at MT, spam heaven. XD

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

okay I was being sarcastic earlier, but seriously it might sound jack-ass-ish but just don't do it. As Zui has told me before in the journal, the line between pseudo-mod and helping another person is so blurred that if one day we have a vengeful staff member, you'll set yourself up for getting banned.

Also, that's what the staff is for and they are competent enough and don't need any help besides "reporting". If they don't do their job, then probably the higher ups will take care of it. So simply put: BE APATHETIC!!!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast