Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: you, a world leader?

Newbie manman may be famous one day manman may be famous one day manman's Avatar
    Thanks

you, a world leader?

What would you ban and what would you legalise if you were world leader and why?
    What laws would you make up and why?

for me it would be:

ban:

button flies - they are soo annoying!! zipper is the way fwd!
    smoking - sorry smokers but it doesn't do anyone any good.

laws:

make pubs and clubs take more responsibility for the drunk people they release onto the street (nothing wrong with having a good time, but alot of trouble is caused by alcohol).

dont feel you have to be be serious, be funny too or both

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: you, a world leader?

Quote Originally Posted by manman
    What would you ban and what would you legalise if you were world leader and why?
    What laws would you make up and why?

for me it would be:

ban:

button flies - they are soo annoying!! zipper is the way fwd!
    smoking - sorry smokers but it doesn't do anyone any good.

laws:

make pubs and clubs take more responsibility for the drunk people they release onto the street (nothing wrong with having a good time, but alot of trouble is caused by alcohol).

dont feel you have to be be serious, be funny too or both
    Banning button flies... Okay
    Smoking... Whatever you feel is right.
    Making pubs and clubs more responsible? Ridiculous! You obviously have no idea how much responsibility is placed on us already. Seein' as how I'm a bartender, I think I would know.
    For any person I allow to leave my bar with an alcohol level over .08 I can incur a $1,000 fine. After that 1 person, the fine multiplies per person. So the second person is a $2,000 fine, third person, $4,000, etc. It's already all our fault basically. If someone leaves our bar and gets into an accident because they were intoxicated, they come after us. Do some research chief.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

ban:

-Bush and any other person who thinks war can fix anything
    -slavery if it still exists somewhere and make sure its upholded
    -racism and such

Rules:

-I'll leave that to those who know them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie manman may be famous one day manman may be famous one day manman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Banning button flies... Okay
    Smoking... Whatever you feel is right.
    Making pubs and clubs more responsible? Ridiculous! You obviously have no idea how much responsibility is placed on us already. Seein' as how I'm a bartender, I think I would know.
    For any person I allow to leave my bar with an alcohol level over .08 I can incur a $1,000 fine. After that 1 person, the fine multiplies per person. So the second person is a $2,000 fine, third person, $4,000, etc. It's already all our fault basically. If someone leaves our bar and gets into an accident because they were intoxicated, they come after us. Do some research chief.

fair enough, you're a bartender, you have responsibility which is good, but any law about it isnt enforced enough cos people leave pubs and clubs absolutely plastered, i see it evertime i go out, sorry if i got you all angry, i know a lot of bar tenders do say no to people who are clearly hammered but that doesn't stop their mates getting them drinks, i meant more like making pubs and clubs pay for extra policing to stop violence and things like that.
    Last edited by manman; Sep 29, 2005 at 01:18 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life
    ban:

-Bush and any other person who thinks war can fix anything
    So you don't expect to be in charge very long?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I would not ban or change anything - because I would not want to be a world leader... ever.... ever... ever... there are too many problems with the world, and too many different opinions. If I stepped in to fix stuff, I would probably screw it up big time! I'll stick to my current social status, thanks.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    So you don't expect to be in charge very long?

I never ever said that I would use war or figthing to reslove something. I just mean that I don't like it when people use war period as a manner of resolving things. Too bad if its necesary as there is always someone or many people who take advantage of war's direct benefits. I don't want war, but many do...saddly. And as a world leader, I wouldn't be making laws, more like saying what good or bad. Making laws is up to people who represent the majority of a given area. And since I'm no good in politics, I wouldn't even try to be a world leader. I'd only accept the task of having an important position in choosing those who are in power and those who can remain in power, that would be more fitting as if one would abuse, he would be kicked out of authority, thought then again.......I'd need to know the truth and have myself a super duper agency that would always give me the truth about people, thought that would be a bit hard these days with all the lies going on...no one can know the truth these days......maybe.

Edit: And if someone would attack, defending isn't considered starting a war.
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Sep 29, 2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

So you would allow others to make laws but; have sole discretion in choosing all the world leaders and have a secret information agency that answered only to you so you could remove anyone who offended you from power?

And you wouldn't allow war? Period? So no one could rise against you?

So in other words you plan on being a Tyrant?
    (It is what you just described.)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast