Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Your views on..... (Smoking, Drinking)

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your views on..... (Smoking, Drinking)

Some of you guys are saying that smoking and drinking is wrong (including me), but think about if there were not legal selling and consuming of alcohol and cigarretes, what would the world look like without those two things, the world would be a mess. In the past they tried to ban alcohol and looked what happened, there was illegal selling of alcohol nationwide.

It is not bad to try one of those two things once in a while, even Jesus consumed alcohol (whine) when he was walking on earth .

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't do either, drinking or smoking that is. It's not because of religion or love for myself, it's just a personal choice I hold at the moment. With that said , I used to smoke and drink. My reasons for drinking and smoking don't matter because in the end all reasons are just excuses because you either want to or you don't.

I smoked for about two years before I came to the realization that smoking is utterly pointless and serves as no greater good or benefit to anything except the pockets of the government and the cigarette companies. Of course I knew and was told this before I started smoking but do teenagers really care? No, all they care about is fitting in and looking cool and whatever other reason they start smoking. Plus having asthma and being a athlete were also factors in my quitting. My smoking really alienated me from sports and my fellow athletes, they didn't understand how I could be so stupid.

My history with alcohol is a long drawn out and ultimately pointless story, the fact of the matter is I stopped drinking alcohol over a year ago and haven't touched a sip since. There is really no reason as to why I stopped I just did, I never sat myself down and said "Ok self no more alcohol." It just happened. Oddly enough it had nothing to do with the fact my friends often called me an alcoholic and the residence(university dorm) staff's suggestion that I join AA on campus. I guess I just grew tired of being drunk all the time.

So I maintain that smoking and drinking is pointless and there is no reason why someone HAS to or SHOULD. But if you decide to that is you're decision and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone except yourself go for it because everyone knows what they are getting into before hand.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Newbie Teiji may be famous one day Teiji may be famous one day
    Thanks

well, i have tried someking before and hated it. that was when i was like 10 or 11 maybe??? then i have had beer befroe and don't like it either. i don't know how younge i was then. i tried beer again and again actually and still i don't like it. but i do like wine, as does the creater of this threads. i esspecially like wine coolers! oh yeah! um i don't have them that much but when i do i love it! i also love rum! i don't know what kind it was but i liked it! i like mixing it with coke. umm, i like only a couple types of whisky. i don't like straight whisky i only like flavored. oh! and then ther was this one drink which is my favorite. it has irish cream, irish chocolate, and irish whisky, it is sooooooooooooooooo good! i want more!!! i don't know what it is called either but it wa so good! yeah... thats about it but im not out there t drink to get drunk. i dont think ill be doing that.

Newbie teddeler may be famous one day teddeler may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    ...what would the world look like without those two things, the world would be a mess. In the past they tried to ban alcohol and looked what happened, there was illegal selling of alcohol nationwide.
    I have sometimes thought (in my more flippant moments) that the solution to the drug war may be to make alcohol illegal again. It would give something for American criminals to sell that's less deadly than heroin and the American mobs might take out the Columbian cartels to cut down on the addictive substance import competition. It could also cut down on drunk driving deaths because while everyone would still be drinking they would take more precautions to not be publicly drunk.
    Who-Otaku, brown belt.

"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teddeler
    I have sometimes thought (in my more flippant moments) that the solution to the drug war may be to make alcohol illegal again. It would give something for American criminals to sell that's less deadly than heroin and the American mobs might take out the Columbian cartels to cut down on the addictive substance import competition. It could also cut down on drunk driving deaths because while everyone would still be drinking they would take more precautions to not be publicly drunk.
    Didn't we talk about that once?

I agree. If they're going to shoot each other over a blackmarket product make it something a little less lethal to the rest of society.

*muuaahhaahaa!*
    Last edited by Arrianna; Dec 06, 2005 at 01:20 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont drink
    Dont smoke
    because I think its point less and I have a life.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't do either because I don't want to.

I'm trying to live for as long as I can .^_^. Why damage my body by drinking and/or smoking when I can simply say no to them.

But, like I said, I have no desire to try either anyway.

Okay, I'm done .^_^.

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Never smoked, vile thing.

Drinking is even worse, but I did drink before, quit, and never going back.

It was my junior year in high school that I decided not to drink anymore, and thus, I have not.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast