Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zelda: Reborn (2005)

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    That's good. They're being smart, like Valve. Valve didn't make Gordon Freeman talk, and that added so much more to the game. Link shouldn't talk either, it makes the game seem more dark, as if Link is always at a loss for words.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    That's good. They're being smart, like Valve. Valve didn't make Gordon Freeman talk, and that added so much more to the game. Link shouldn't talk either, it makes the game seem more dark, as if Link is always at a loss for words.
    It's true, but valve made all of the other characters have voices, which I doubt hyrule's characters will have. Seems like I'm in for some boring reading followed by great gameplay.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Giving characters voices help us to define them. If they don't have a voice then we, as the players and fans, can determine their personality to some degree. Look at the differences between Final Fantasy X and its predecessors.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I have been DREAMING of the Zelda game like this. I wanted to KILL nintendo when that made that gay Wind waker, and now they've got Link back the way he should be. Grown, and bad ass. As for voices, since when has nintendo ever given link a voice? They probaly never will. This game's definatly on my prioity list. I was shaking after the trailer.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Pivot
    Giving characters voices help us to define them. If they don't have a voice then we, as the players and fans, can determine their personality to some degree. Look at the differences between Final Fantasy X and its predecessors.
    of course voice take place in a character personality. But some time, voice can make the game too long. I don't mind if they make Link talk in game movie, but for the game, they should not make him talk. just make him make some noise when he hit or da a trick....
    Coming soon.........

Newbie gouri may be famous one day gouri may be famous one day gouri's Avatar
    Thanks
    hell yea! it looks awesomeness! i think its gonna be the best zelda game ever! this is what we've been waiting for!
    "Why do I feel like you're going to be the death of me" - Obi Wan Kenobi - Star Wars-Episode II: Attack Of The Clones

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoruss
    of course voice take place in a character personality. But some time, voice can make the game too long. I don't mind if they make Link talk in game movie, but for the game, they should not make him talk. just make him make some noise when he hit or da a trick....
    Those hitting and trick noises have already been done in ocarina of time and Super Smash Brothers Melee, but they are two different voices(don't know why). Even if they don't put a voice on him, I still think it's weird in Soul Calibur 2 when one of the characters talk smack to Link, and all he does is give that weird look.....no back talk, no nothing, and it just makes him look worse when he gets his butt whooped in soul calibur.

If they can give mario an Italian-like voice from Super Maio World to Mario 64, then why not give link a voice. I don't know why alot of people think it will ruin his "look" or "style", there are many possibilities. He could sound like a low voice badass. He could sound like Dante, not low voice, but badass. He could sound like Leon Kennedy in RE4. He could sound like David Hayter(Solid Snake), but I wouldn't want to hear snake's voice coming out of a blond haired guy with a sword and shield. He could sound like the person who does his voiceover when he gets hit in ocarina of time. Use the person to talk and see if he does a good job of voice acting.

A voice shows helps show more character and gets people involved in Link and his cause more. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would love to hear a badass villain voice for Ganon or whoever the bad guy is in this one.

Also, I'm sorry to say this, but I hate when Nintendo does that Half-ass, cookie cutter, sugar coated "darker" Zelda. If it was going to be darker, they knew they needed blood. And I don't mean guts and gore coming out of a body, I mean a little spurt of blood when someone gets cut, bloody stained clothes, or something of that matter.
    Last edited by False Truth; Dec 17, 2004 at 07:18 PM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Ya right. But maybe they don't want to disapoint he fan by sticking a voice on him. the fact is when the will make another game featuring Link, If they have a voice actor for him, they will have to stick the same voice actor in order to make the caracter look like always....
    Coming soon.........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast