+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 50,000 members reached

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Its 50,000 not 500,000.
    Whoops, getting a little happy with those 0's Or a very extra early congrats to the future 450,000 members =3
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie XiaoVal may be famous one day XiaoVal may be famous one day XiaoVal's Avatar
    Thanks
    500000 is alot...
    and if 10% becomes active... IE: 50000
    Woooow...
    I can foresee serious lagg...

Don't say you know me...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XiaoVal View Post
    500000 is alot...
    and if 10% becomes active... IE: 50000
    Woooow...
    I can foresee serious lagg...
    It's not 500,000.
    Read the above posts.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    I dunno 50,000 is a great accomplishment but only if you have 50,000 ACTIVE members…I think we only have a few thousand that can be considered true members.

Speaking of which why don’t we purge members?

I think the DB would run a lot cleaner if we nuked those members that have less then 50 posts and haven’t posted in the last year?

I mean the DB should support the ON DELETE CASCADE command so this wouldn’t be a big deal depending on how the DB is setup right?

Or are we just keeping the dead weight around for bragging rights?

Just my thoughts.
    I concur with all that has been said by Chief-sami. ^_^

I have been looking at the Members list, and there are so many members, who haven't made a single post.

~!!! In addition, it will be great to see the existing members stay more active and participate. ^_^ But one thing is, I am so very happy to see many of the old members return ~! I have also tried to call up some lost members back to AO like Stitch, Nathalie, silly Mayura, and many others... So far, none responded. >.<;;;; Moreover, I am also trying to bring some of my college mates, who are good debaters. Just trying to make AO more interesting, but I do hope others will also try to bring in some of their good pals to AO.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I think we only have a few thousand that can be considered true members.

Speaking of which why don’t we purge members?
    I'm with you on this one. Purging sounds great. Something where if you don't log on once in 3 months, or post 20-30 times in 6 months would definitely work. Maybe it should be added? I mean, having 50,000 on record is always going to sound nice, but there's no way we'll ever have more than 1,000 signed in at one time. There's no point on keeping dead weight that don't contribute to the website.

Those are my two cents.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Purging sounds great. Something where if you don't log on once in 3 months, or post 20-30 times in 6 months would definitely work. Maybe it should be added? I mean, having 50,000 on record is always going to sound nice, but there's no way we'll ever have more than 1,000 signed in at one time. There's no point on keeping dead weight that don't contribute to the website.

Those are my two cents.
    Truth.

But for the owners, the prestige and $ probably makes the difference...

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah im sure the owner likes the prestige and the dollars as well lol, if we pruged the site.. then less money that = bad bad bad!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking We have a winner!

Well, not a winner, but we have our 50,000th REGISTERED Anime Online member. Sailortampon still hasn't verified their email address, so it's time to move on.

The award goes to kimavigail. She hasn't yet posted a message, however I will PM her now telling her about this thread. Let's hope she can introduce herself and say "hello" to us all. Maybe when she reaches 500 posts (Elite Status), every registered member could give her a gift. She would then be the most gifted person here.

By the way, the Members List only shows members who have at least 1 post. So you wont find kimavigail on the Members List just quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    I mean, having 50,000 on record is always going to sound nice, but there's no way we'll ever have more than 1,000 signed in at one time.
    I wouldn't put that into concrete just yet. Don't underestimate the Power of Anime Online.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast