+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Access to the Wallpaper Gallery

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Access to the Wallpaper Gallery

If you are not yet a Community Member, then you will find you don't have access to the Wallpapers Gallery. This was implemented to discourage leeching.

HOWEVER....

I have come to realise that some of you are avid contributors to the Gallery, yet are not given the access you deserve due to a low post count. So even if you are not a Community Member, you can NOW possibly gain access by sending a PM to an Admin. We will then look at your activity, what you have done for AO and then either decline or approve your request.

I have added:
    • "Don't have access? PM Admin explaining why you deserve access. DO NOT ask though if you're a Newbie."
    to the description under the Wallpapers Gallery to remind members of this.

Clear as mud?

Cheers.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Access to the Wallpaper Gallery

Is there any way to add this message to the "access denied" page too, since you know that many folks don't tend to read stuff unless it's smack dab in front of their face.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:

voovoodoo (Jan 23, 2008)

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

No, not possible at this stage.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

shouldn't be that hard to do though DB, should only be one line of text to change manually in a PHP file...

The trick of course is finding the file to edit...

Thanks

I know which file to edit (english.php), and you're right, not hard to do. Just that I'm too lazy... Will do it one of these days...

Newbie frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to see some change implemented Just one thing though... about that one line of message under the wallpapers category where it reads...

"Don't have access? PM Admin explaining why you deserve access. DO NOT ask though if you're a Newbie."

Are you sure that general members can see that? Because I think I remember the category header for the walls section not appearing at all when I didn't have access to it... just a thought, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it was... though I can't be completely certain.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah might want to change the words to yellow if possible or make it stick out. Anywho, this is a great step, a lot better than the whole firesale thing either buy them all or sell them all. Might be more work, but it's fair to those who are wildly active in the gallery but not the main site.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

i think thats good but its putting a lot more stress on you admins I mean
    If people were like me when i was a newbie your gonna need a lot of time on your hands.
    Because I was a pain

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast