Closed Thread

Thread: Anime RSS Feeds

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Anime RSS Feeds

All visitors to Anime Online now have the ability to subscribe to 1 or more forums now by ways of an RSS Feed. As of today, there is an icon in the top right of each forum.

By right-clicking and saving the link on each forum's RSS Feed icon, you can now add it to your favourite News Reader such as:Other websites can also use Anime Online's content on their own website by ways of this RSS Feed - just another way of spreading the word about Anime Online and the great community we have.

You have probably already seen the little orange RSS and XML icons on other sites. It's definitely the way to go and it's just part of us keeping with with the trend.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh so that is what a rss feed is.. its like a shortcut link to other websites.. right?.

well that must be handy.. but i don't think i'll be using it.. don't really have other websites to link it with lol...

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually your understanding in incorrect.

Some people find it a hassle to visit all their favourite websites everyday. So instead of going all over the web to read their favourite topics, they use a service like MyYahoo and have all their favourite topics go directly to 1 place - in this case, their MyYahoo account.

Other websites can also take content from Anime Online and use it on their own website by means of an RSS Feed.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh ok i got i rough idea now.

so its like sending pages right?.. to other websites like yahoo so that u have everything in one spot?..

so in simple terms its like instead of buying different packets of cooks.. u can buy a mix pack and have all of them in one spot?..

it thats it or am i still completely off?..

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you have FireFox and you add a "Live Bookmark" or an RSS Feed it will add it to your bookmarks toolbar. there you can celeted from a dropdown of the topics you want to read and it will take you straght too the topic. its really simple

If you are using Firefox ether 1.5 or the new 2.0 RC one you will noticce a RSS Feed button in the address bar. clicko on it and it will give you all of AO's tpics in a dropdown menu

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dude101
    so in simple terms its like instead of buying different packets of cooks.. u can buy a mix pack and have all of them in one spot?..
    yep, something like that...

Now that you are aware of it, I'm sure you will start noticing the RSS orange icons on other sites too.

Closed Thread