Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AO downtime

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

AO downtime

Sorry guys... AO was down for a few hours today. Nice surprise to see when I woke up that the server had crashed.

We are trying to pinpoint the problem and AO has intermittently been rebooted daily due to high loads.

Don't worry, this problem is not being ignored and I hope to have it resolved shortly.

Cheers.

EDIT:
    Found the problem. Two of our mysql databases were corrupted and this caused an exponential increase in the load. It would start a query and then stall and these queries would stack and back everything up. These tables are now repaired and the load is stable.

I have added extra monitoring software to hopefully pinpoint things if this happens again.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: AO downtime

Man, I was trying to access the site for hours today. I started to think it was my computer, so I was running all sorts of scans. Can anyone say withdraw!!!!!

I finally got logged sometime after 10:00. When I saw that I was the only person (other than 16 visitors) on the site I knew for sure it was on the site end. I figured I'd just stay on, and see if anything happened, and THANK THE HEAVENS we back up and running!

You guys probably got about a million notifications, from us members trying to access the site. Well thanks for bringing our world back in line, let's hope it stays "well".

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    Man, I was trying to access the site for hours today. I started to think it was my computer, so I was running all sorts of scans. Can anyone say withdraw!!!!!

You guys probably got about a million notifications, from us members trying to access the site. Well thanks for bringing our world back in line, let's hope it stays "well".
    i was too then i started to think that too but broke this by checking other sites and it was working so i started checking every while if our "World"(very nice word to use) has returned yet or not ... thanx DB
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

wow! you really strapped it down Dragon Ball!

^o^ great work!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for working so diligently! I can't imagine what we would all do without AO.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Here I thought that I was part of another site-upgrade-gone-wrong-causing-a-blow up and having to sign up again.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Here I thought that I was part of another site-upgrade-gone-wrong-causing-a-blow up and having to sign up again.
    Or Server Been Erased for Lack of Payment part Deux... Good thing it has been solved...

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Haha, well merry christmas to you!

Well glad to see the site running healthy again. LOL, even though I'm never on anymore I'd still hate for this site to crash.

And wow. For a minute there I thought you were speaking another language in your *Edited part of your post Dragon Ball.
    weeeiiirrrddd..
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Oct 19, 2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Quote not needed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast