+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AO Magazine (Beta) is here

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

AO Magazine (Beta) is here

Hello everyone:

In an attempt to keep adding relevant content for our members to enjoy we've established an online Magazine/Blog for AO. The site can be accessed by clicking on the "AO Magazine" link at the top of the page or clicking here (Link).

The AO Magazine is in "beta" as we want to spend some time testing it out to see if it is worth our time and effort before committing to it long term. The Magazine is written by a few volunteer AO Members and will no doubt be undergoing improvements and design tweaks quite frequently over the next few weeks. Eventually we'll hold a banner competition to allow the winner to display their design as the permenant banner for AO's Magazine.

We have a few select members already writing for AO Magazine and I've spoken to a few others through PM recently who will likely be joining the effort. That being said, since the AO Magazine is written by AO Members and for AO members, if anyone is interested in writing for it on a regular basis, or submitting an article from time to time, please feel free to PM me.

Happy reading everyone and please support our writers by giving them kudos for their hard work.

Cheers

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO Magazine (Beta) is here

I think the way it looks needs to be revamped. Maybe a contest for a new banner/skin?

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Seconded, a new banner and/or overall look for it was among the top on the list of things I was gonna ask about it. Its also another excuse to hold a fun contest.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

No doubt. I hate white sites `cause it grates on my eyes after like, seven minutes of viewing. One question, are we making one banner or more for a rotation..

(I would put question marks but my button is broken.. this comes up &#201

I see there`s already some posts, very excellent. I have a question, how does one go about making a skin.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

A new banner is definitely in the cards very soon. Right now the focus is getting more and more content for the Mag but in the next few weeks we'll start talking about a banner contest to replace the temporary banner that is currently on the site. As far as a new skin goes, the site is built using Wordpress, which is a dynamic program that uses a basic CSS for the overall site look. If someone has the technical skills to take a crack at redesigning the skin altogether we can certainly lend them the current code for the stylsheet and let them take a stab at it. Otherwise we'll have to settle for some tweaks here and there and I can make those changes to the site.

For now, content is key as even if the mag looks great it will not be worth looking at if the content is weak. We'll start talking about a new banner contest in a few weeks.

Cheers and happy reading.

+ Reply to Thread