Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Clans to Close December 14th

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clans to Close December 14th

why does such a dark day have to happen to the clans T-T it's horror

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what this just makes me mad I just started to get used to the people there. It's like taking a part of the people away... ~.~

A bit of fun is needed too... not only formal and "quality/focused".. .things... I did not come to this forum just to have serious conversations, where very little people listen to me anyways. So what that you can not have anything serious to talk about in the clan? I got to know people better, I got to relax for some time at last!
    Everywhere on the forum, appart from the poem section, I read only those posts of the people which I know better. And the clan was one of the ways I got to know people better...

Sheesh I would have never normally talked to Ihauntforlust if not the clan! OR White Wolf Or LichGrifin... I would still be completely oblivious of how cool they are... sheesh..
    Last edited by Lasura; Dec 06, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

As Lasura said the clans are bringing some of the others members together as a family and riping the picture down the middle of the clans is something the others who never got the chance to see what being in a clan will never get felling of being close to this community

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I never liked the idea of clans anyways. Having a place where only a select few can go where no one else can see can lead to "Elitism" where one group feels superior to others.

And like Dragon Ball said, it has detracted from the amount of posts on the main board.

I'm looking forward to the new flood of posts that would have normally been posted in clan forums

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

As a clan leader of both incarnations of the AO clans, I can say that I don't see what the fuss is about...there is nothing you can't do on the normal boards that you couldn't do in the clans with 2 exceptions depending on the clan leader.

1) Spam
    2) Post hate messages about those not in your clans

Now unless you want to do those 2 things what is the big deal?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of the 10K+ registered members only 68 belong to a clan, and about half of those members didnt even bother to participate in them, so there is no dark day or flood of members leaving because of this closure. At the end clans are nothing more than a waste of resources...

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I admit, I want to spam. Sorry, but it was quite ok to be able to go somewhere and just post something about how you feel today or just talk to someone random. I never thought I'd say this but it is really nice to talk about nonsence from time to time.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Well, I admit, I want to spam. Sorry, but it was quite ok to be able to go somewhere and just post something about how you feel today or just talk to someone random. I never thought I'd say this but it is really nice to talk about nonsence from time to time.
    We have a blog system for "how you feel today" and a PM system for "just talk to someone random"

If you want a chat room try AIM, Yahoo or one of the other messenger systems.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast